Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 04-26-2010, 06:37 AM #1
Slicker than your average

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 38,214.00
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 
Default How poor is Froch-Abraham going to look....

How poor is Froch-Abraham going to look? everyone always said Kessler was a technical fighter but i have always called him more conventional than technical, what we saw in the Froch- Kessler fight was a poor standard of Boxing imo, technically anyway, we can expect much of the same with AA- Froch imo.

Euro fighters need to take a long look at the coaching methods because technically a lot of the fighter are light years behind, even Amir Khan who is supposed to be really talented had little in the way of defense before Roach took over.

American fighters dont generally win because they are tougher, they win because they are technically superior and fight with their heads, not their heart, Euro fighters need to get to grips with this concept.

Kessler-Froch was a good watch in terms of endeavor and heart though.
Dynamite Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:40 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,649.00
one of our best posters - Freedom. 

Get real kid. The Eastern Europeans are dominating you. Froch, one of the crudest fighters around just beat Pascal, Taylor and Dirrell. All North American 'slick blacks'.
Shattered Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:42 AM #3
Shot!

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
BetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 16,486.00
'Dr Boring' LMAO!!!! - Chunk Funny stuff. - The RealDeal No Message - murfbreak3r Poster of the month award! - The Surgeon Knows what is good for the sport. - deanrw 
Enjoy - rorymac Happy Easter, some e-choccie for you :D - Bossy 

Yeah American fighters are great technicians. It's just a shame that the majority of top Americans are boring as hell. I'd much rather watch Euro fighters, than Yank fighters.
BetterCallSaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:43 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Ryn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,376.03
Total Points: 20,651.24
Thanks buddy. -GO KING ARTHUR! - VanesBoxing Thanks for the tips - slicksouthpaw16 Cheers man.  Thanks for the mention. - ABOSWORTH For an awesome poster - Sweet Pea 50 No Message - Sithis 
For the Mayweather boat...LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma I bought ya a pint, you have fulled my nuthugging for calzaghe, thanks :) - GreatJoe excellent post responding to NE - ИATAS 
Childhood Cancer - BatTheMan Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas 

Kessler used to be a technical fighter, personally I think he fought the way he did because his right hands and jabs were falling short because Froch was leaving his left arm out and would jab when Kessler threw his jab-right hand so it fell short.

Kessler had to loop the right hand. In previous fights he threw a crisp, straight jab right hand. That was not there in the Froch fight. Kessler is a technician his defence usually isn't that bad, because you can't get past his jab. Ward's movement made sure he could.
Ryn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:46 AM #5

Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
Get real kid. The Eastern Europeans are dominating you. Froch, one of the crudest fighters around just beat Pascal, Taylor and Dirrell. All North American 'slick blacks'.
Dirrell beat him, if Taylor had an ounce of stamina he would of won the fight with ease, Pascal was a good win but Pascal needs to beat somebody decent/ rated highly.

What that says to me is that a technically good fighter can lose to a one dimensional,tough, consistent fighter if he lacks the mental strength of a top fighter, Judah-Baldy etc, however one that will not capitulate mental will generally beat him clearly.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:48 AM #6
Here We Go Again..

-Blackout- has a reputation beyond repute-Blackout- has a reputation beyond repute-Blackout- has a reputation beyond repute-Blackout- has a reputation beyond repute-Blackout- has a reputation beyond repute-Blackout- has a reputation beyond repute-Blackout- has a reputation beyond repute-Blackout- has a reputation beyond repute-Blackout- has a reputation beyond repute-Blackout- has a reputation beyond repute-Blackout- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,092.00
The Grand Champ - TRUTH 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Hazard Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

I agree with TS. Looking at that fight from a purist and technical standpoint the fight was a horrorshow from both fighters. Froch with his arms down, Kessler allowing Froch to do so, the god awful footwork etc etc. The heart both men showed on the other hand..
-Blackout- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:55 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Ryn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,376.03
Total Points: 20,651.24
Thanks buddy. -GO KING ARTHUR! - VanesBoxing Thanks for the tips - slicksouthpaw16 Cheers man.  Thanks for the mention. - ABOSWORTH For an awesome poster - Sweet Pea 50 No Message - Sithis 
For the Mayweather boat...LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma I bought ya a pint, you have fulled my nuthugging for calzaghe, thanks :) - GreatJoe excellent post responding to NE - ИATAS 
Childhood Cancer - BatTheMan Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas 

I know your not a fan of Calzaghe, but personally I think Calzaghe was what you describe as an "american style fighter" he was loose and made subtle adjustments mid fight.

If he fought against Kessler the same way he did the first 4 rounds he would've lost, same for Hopkins. He looks like he's just running in throwing slaps sometimes and not thinking about it because he has the stamina to do that but he was a smart fighter, a thinking mans fighter.
Ryn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

gqjohnb has a reputation beyond reputegqjohnb has a reputation beyond reputegqjohnb has a reputation beyond reputegqjohnb has a reputation beyond reputegqjohnb has a reputation beyond reputegqjohnb has a reputation beyond reputegqjohnb has a reputation beyond reputegqjohnb has a reputation beyond reputegqjohnb has a reputation beyond reputegqjohnb has a reputation beyond reputegqjohnb has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,781.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
How poor is Froch-Abraham going to look? everyone always said Kessler was a technical fighter but i have always called him more conventional than technical, what we saw in the Froch- Kessler fight was a poor standard of Boxing imo, technically anyway, we can expect much of the same with AA- Froch imo.

Euro fighters need to take a long look at the coaching methods because technically a lot of the fighter are light years behind, even Amir Khan who is supposed to be really talented had little in the way of defense before Roach took over.

American fighters dont generally win because they are tougher, they win because they are technically superior and fight with their heads, not their heart, Euro fighters need to get to grips with this concept.

Kessler-Froch was a good watch in terms of endeavor and heart though.
Whats in bold is something many don't pick up on. This is a little off topic but there's a difference between a technical fighter and a conventional one. Marquez-technical MAB(in your avatar)-conventional, Mayweather-technical Alfredo Angulo-conventional. Just wanted to throw that out there.
gqjohnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:09 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryn0 View Post
I know your not a fan of Calzaghe, but personally I think Calzaghe was what you describe as an "american style fighter" he was loose and made subtle adjustments mid fight.

If he fought against Kessler the same way he did the first 4 rounds he would've lost, same for Hopkins. He looks like he's just running in throwing slaps sometimes and not thinking about it because he has the stamina to do that but he was a smart fighter, a thinking mans fighter.
Calzaghe was fluid but i would not call him an "american style fighter" as he lacked defense and did not turn his punches over sufficiently, to me Calzaghe would have problems with a technical elite American fighter like James Toney, Hopkins (prime) or even to a lesser degree a Southpaw Reggie Johnson.

Calzaghe is a smart fighter though, he does have a Boxing brain to, would not say he is technically sound though, fluid yes.

I think Calzaghe adjusted well in the Hopkins fight even though i dont think he won the fight, what he did was, he assumed he could just walk in Hopkins front door and start unloading, however Hopkins showed him he could not do that so what Calzaghe did was he closed distance slowly and edged his way foward and counter punched off the front foot, what he did early which was a mistake was close distance too fast, you cant always do that with a good counter puncher.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:17 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

Shattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond reputeShattered Jaw has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,649.00
one of our best posters - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
Calzaghe was fluid but i would not call him an "american style fighter" as he lacked defense and did not turn his punches over sufficiently, to me Calzaghe would have problems with a technical elite American fighter like James Toney, Hopkins (prime) or even to a lesser degree a Southpaw Reggie Johnson.

Calzaghe is a smart fighter though, he does have a Boxing brain to, would not say he is technically sound though, fluid yes.

I think Calzaghe adjusted well in the Hopkins fight even though i dont think he won the fight, what he did was, he assumed he could just walk in Hopkins front door and start unloading, however Hopkins showed him he could not do that so what Calzaghe did was he closed distance slowly and edged his way foward and counter punched off the front foot, what he did early which was a mistake was close distance too fast, you cant always do that with a good counter puncher.
Of course.... anyone would have problems with an elite fighter. James Toney was beaten soundly by that Tibieri dude though....outworked! I think the Hopkins Calzaghe fought was the hardest version he could have fought because he'd grown into LHW, dragged Calzaghe up in weight (surprise surprise form Hopkins there) and still lost in his own country.

American fighters are good sure but let's not get ridiculous.
Shattered Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
froch-abraham, look...., poor