No announcement yet.

I believe it's time for Golovkin to move up to a 168 lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe it's time for Golovkin to move up to a 168 lbs

I mean against Canelo, he didn't look like his normal self. He appears to be aging before are very eyes and has lost a step; Especially when Alvarez was standing right in front of him on the ropes and he couldn't quite pull the trigger.

In addition, his timing, hand to eye coordination and accuracy was so off that he was missing punches that he would typically land in his sleep.

He looked liked he might have out grown the division and having trouble making weight as he gets older. Moreover, he's 35 years old now and has been fighting at the same weight class for his entire career.

In my humble opinion, I think a move up in weight could potentially reinvigorate him, because he'll be a lot stronger, with more power, timing and stamina to burn. As opposed to the dehydrated, tired and slower version of the Golovkin, we witnessed Saturday night against Saul Alvarez.

So what do you all think? Does anyone else agree that a move up in weight would benefit him?

But he didn't KO Canelo and missed his big shots on purpose, so he could get a rematch .

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      I mean against Canelo, he didn't look like his normal self. He appears to be aging before are very eyes and has lost a step; Especially when Alvarez was standing right in front of him on the ropes and he couldn't quite pull the trigger.

In addition, his timing, hand to eye coordination and accuracy was so off that he was missing punches that he would typically land in his sleep.

He looked liked he might have out grown the division and having trouble making weight as he gets older. Moreover, he's 35 years old now and has been fighting at the same weight class for his entire career.

In my humble opinion, I think a move up in weight could potentially reinvigorate him, because he'll be a lot stronger, with more power, timing and stamina to burn. As opposed to the dehydrated, tired and slower version of the Golovkin, we witnessed Saturday night against Saul Alvarez.

So what do you all think? Does anyone else agree that a move up in weight would benefit him?
      Not financially. He'd be a fool to move up before he unifies if that even happens. He could rematch Jacobs and/or Canelo for a nice payday. What's up at 168 financially. Not much.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

He should break Hopkins record first and then move up or retire.

Comment

There's a destroyer at 168 named David Benavidez, ggg wants no part of him in a year or two.

Comment

Moving to 168 may benefit ggg if he is having trouble making weight, but it really makes no sense businesswise.

Just no good names there except Chavez jr.. if guys like bute , Ward, and froch were still around, then yes, it would be wise to move to 168 for big money.

But the biggest legit fight for ggg would be badou jack, who brings no money but is extremely threatening.
            I don't see the point of the move unless he is struggling with weight

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              There's a destroyer at 168 named David Benavidez, ggg wants no part of him in a year or two.
              benavidez who got dropped and looked like **** in his last fight against a bum. looool

Comment

He just whooped the crap out of a 27 year old superstud....made it look easy too.

Comment

It's not that he can't pull the trigger, it's that he struggles badly to hit people who don't stand right in front of him. I thought Canelo beat him and kind of exposed him but despite that the rematch still needs to happen ideally as their next fight.

Comment

168 is Gilberto Ramirez and David Benavidez turf.

Comment

Working...
                    X