Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@Kov fans: What is your opinion of Kov never giving any credit in defeat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Kov fans: What is your opinion of Kov never giving any credit in defeat?

I understand the first fight was close and the second fight ended on a controversy (although with Sergey well on his way to losing one way or another), but I honestly feel like turning off when he gets to speak on the mic. Sergey is overly dismissive of anything his opponent does, and gives zero credit to anything Ward did, always pointing at other factors but himself for losing a fight. Honestly, this is historically a pretty accurate indicator of a loser's personality. I'm not sure if he gotta hide some of his insecurities, but who isn't reminded here of a bully who got bullied himself for the first time? Just how is there so much sympathy for a fighter with this unlikable personality? He'd be the villain in any kid's story with an attitude like that.

Claiming nothing Ward threw at him hurt him gotta be some next level delusion. Being humble in defeat is one of the most likeable traits in a boxer in my opinion, and I can forgive any trash talk leading up to the fight when the boxers deal with the result of the fight like adults.

First fight I could see him being pissed. Second fight he looked for a way out so shouldn't be crying afterwards.

Comment

Can't really give credit for either of those fights.

Kov was overwhelmingly believed to win the first fight by UD and the second was ended by low blows (yes there were also some legitimate punches in the sequence but the decisive ones were very low).

What's objectively there to give credit for?

Key word: Objectively. "Yall are *******, I could tell he would give up soon!" is not objective.
      Last edited by ////; 06-19-2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

hell they dont either

Comment

Im sure kov would give ward some credit for his boixing ability. But just not the stoppage as he was shocked it was stopped as was all of us.
          Even ward fans were suprised of stoppage they thought ref was going to deduct points.
          You really think people are going g to believe ward fans when they say the stoppage was right, kov was bent in unatural posiition blah blah bkah.
          That bent position is a natural position for ward and isn't alien to him
          Last edited by hugh grant; 06-19-2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
            Can't really give credit for either of those fights.

Kov was overwhelmingly believed to win the first fight by UD and the second was ended by low blows (yes there were also some legitimate punches in the sequence but the decisive ones were very low).

What's objectively there to give credit for?
            /end thread.

The more important question here is, why can't andre ward win a clean fight?

If he won a clean fight that leaves no doubt, there would be no controversy and im sure kovalev would give credit as would everyone else?

You just do not give credit for these fights, they are sham fights, that only deluded fanboys defend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hond View Post
              I understand the first fight was close and the second fight ended on a controversy (although with Sergey well on his way to losing one way or another), but I honestly feel like turning off when he gets to speak on the mic. Sergey is overly dismissive of anything his opponent does, and gives zero credit to anything Ward did, always pointing at other factors but himself for losing a fight. Honestly, this is historically a pretty accurate indicator of a loser's personality. I'm not sure if he gotta hide some of his insecurities, but who isn't reminded here of a bully who got bullied himself for the first time? Just how is there so much sympathy for a fighter with this unlikable personality? He'd be the villain in any kid's story with an attitude like that.

Claiming nothing Ward threw at him hurt him gotta be some next level delusion. Being humble in defeat is one of the most likeable traits in a boxer in my opinion, and I can forgive any trash talk leading up to the fight when the boxers deal with the result of the fight like adults.
              the problem with kovalev is he wants every minute of every fight to be both guys with their lead foot a few inches apart so hes at ideal range....anything else he doesnt consider boxing/fighting...these EE guys want to fight at optimal/ideal range and thats it.....they are very good at that distance and range...but when you change it up on them and make it a different fight they are uncomfortable........he wants to stand there and throw his 1-2s and have u just move straight back or to the side

Comment

I can see why he'd feel aggrieved by the nature of those losses. Anyway, he's far from the only one. Cotto and Marquez are two fighters everyone loves who don't handle a loss well. It's to be expected in this macho sport

Comment

hes got a right to be pissed off as it was a shambolic ending, but he should also look at himself. the overtrained in the 1st fight stuff looks pretty stupid seen as he was gassing out even earlier this time around.

Comment

Ward low-blowed his way to victory, when he should have at least lost a point and been DQ'd @ the most. The replay clearly showed the last punch landing on Kovalev's pelvis. That's when Weeks called it. Tony failed miserably in officiating that fight. He acknowledged the first low blow by Ward, warned him, yet didn't give Kovalev his 5 minutes to recover. That's a violation. Ward might have landed 1-2 legal body shots out of the 5-6 that he threw.

Comment

Working...
                    X