Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao-Marquez the greatest boxing rivalry of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    Sure, and I'm hardly alone. Almost everyone on this thread is telling you this is and has been a rivalry. Not sure what majority you're talking about, but there's a big one telling you what you're saying doesn't make much sense right about now.
    i sent you a PM because I have to bounce.

Comment

• looks like it is at a 50/50 split so far!

Comment

• Ali and Frazier for me.

Don't get me wrong, this rivalry is top 3 of all time IMO. If there is another fight as epic it could push Ali-Frazier IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by KO'er View Post
          Ali and Frazier for me.

Don't get me wrong, this rivalry is top 3 of all time IMO. If there is another fight as epic it could push Ali-Frazier IMO.
          how about those racist stuff ali said to frazier?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
            Ali-Frazier will always be the greatest rivalry. Frazier took his disdain for Ali to the grave.
            Outside the ring, I agree, theirs was the greatest. I wasn't talking about personalities though, more along the lines of actual fight action. not how much one hates or hated the other. when it comes to exciting fights and back and forth action I feel this one is the best.

when it comes to the build up, hype and genuine dislike of the fighters of one another.. I would give it to Ali v Frazier.

Comment

• Originally posted by KO'er View Post
              Ali and Frazier for me.

I love the fact that we are getting to even debate this and see boxing history in the making. I would have never thought I'd come close to comparing something in m lifetime to Ali v Frazier.. yet, here we are. it's awesome to me that at the very least we got to witness one of the top 3 rivalries of all time!

Comment

• It's a pretty good series and thats fine with me. It doesn't have to be the "greatest" to keep me happy. Both fighters have been high caliber pros for a very long time and they might be able to do this until their 45??? But for me I've seen enough, time for them to hit the sun set and say Adios Amigos!!!
                Should take Juan a few hours to count his career earnings and Manny could be hung up all day!! I personally like the fighters I have respect for safe, happy, secured and retired when they get to the end of their careers and these two certainly have the funds to be secured! Ray.

Comment

• It stands right beside Ali/Frazier IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    but thats after the fact regarding the 4th fight, a fight most people said didn't need to happen. So after the fact you can't change and say wow this was great. As for the 1st 3 fights, they were close, but they wre also 2-0-1 in favor of one guy.

i just dont see how its a classic rivalry when fights 3 and 4 primarily happened for reasons other than the competition between the 2.
                    People said it didn't need to happen cause they expected another close inconclusive fight going to the house favorite, not because it was gonna be uncompetitive. After all, JMM 3 was the first time anyone ran Pac close (or better) since JMM 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      ali and frazier for me

it's not even close.
                      Same here.

Comment

Working...
                      X