Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate how people think that because pac was knocked out by jmm that mayweather is just going to walk through him now. The reason why jmm does so well is because he fought him 4 times. 1st fight, jmm gets knocked 3 times. makes some adjustments and comes back stronger in the 2nd fight getting knocked down only once. He comes out of the 3rd fight with no knockdowns. And in the 4th fight, he not only gets a knockdown of his own but a knockout. I want mayweather to finally make this fight happen now thinking its going to be easy and get knocked out himself. Unbiasedly though, i would favor mayweather against pac. Mayweather basically does what jmm can with counter punching but better and faster which is nightmare style matchup against pac. The only way i see pac winning is by coming out aggressively from the opening bell. Mayweather tends to start off slow against people whose skills he respects(shane) while pac is usually a fast starter(hatton). If pac can apply intelligent early pressure i can see him being fast and strong enough to get the knockout but the longer the fight goes on and the more mayweather makes adjustments, the lower the chances of pac winning are. I see either a knockout win by pac in the 5-8 rounds IF he comes out aggressive but if not, which is more likely, floyd wins with a close decision.

Comment

• The sad part of all this is that there is nothing in a fight with Manny Pacquiao aside from money.

Even before this Marquez win, when Floyd beat Manny, the pacterds would have said that Manny was passed it or too small.

There is no legacy or fame in this for Floyd.

Manny has been outboxed by a brawler and knocked out by journeymen twice.

There was nothing Floyd could have done that hasn't been done before.

Manny had a good run fighting carefully selected boxers coming off losses .. some at catchweights.

Then Manny made the mistake and bought into his own hype and fought two smaller guys who could move and box. There was just no way to justify draining them. That made the fights too fair.

The rest is history.

There will always be someone that haters say that a fighter won't fight.

They said Roy Jones wouldn't fight Dariusz Michalczewski.

They say that Cotto wouldn't fight Kostya Tszyu.

They said that Erik Morales ran from a rematch with Zahir Raheem.

They said that Lennox Lewis ducked Ike Ibeabuchi.

They said that Margarito ran from a rematch with Paul Williams.

They say that Tim Bradley wouldn't fight Amir Khan.

They say that Sergio Martinez could make SMW, but chooses to fight guys like Macklin and Barker instead.

At the end of the day, the fans really wanted to see Mayweather/Pacquiao. I know I did.

But at the end of the day, in the hearts of even the most diehard pacterd, the doubt that Pacquiao could win was already there. Its been there for years.

This win over Marquez didn't really prove anything except to reaffirm that doubt. This is the third match in which Pacquiao fought someone undrained and winning, and he looked pretty average in those fights.

I still would watch it, but Pacquiao's stock plummeted, regardless of how much respect fans still have for him. Respect was never a commodity used to sell fights. And I have a feeling that Arum will continue to obstruct the fight.

In fact, this loss works for Arum. Now with Manny falling from grace, Manny will be dependant on Arum now more than ever. Manny will need options and money. Arum will have his way with Manny now worse than before.

Manny should either get into a Mayweather match ASAP or retire.

What else is left?

Comment

• Floyd fans are happier with fantasy wins rather than real ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          Floyd fans are happier with fantasy wins rather than real ones.
          Pacquiao fans are happier with wins against 5th ranked fighters than 1st ranked fighters.

But its all the same to a group that can't count to 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Pacquiao goes on a tear and starts dominating higher weights looking like quite a physical specimen...gets accused of doping...refuses tests = CLEAN!

Mayweather requests higher standards of drug testing for his fightes = DIRTY!

Marquez starts does well twice in a higher weight class after being dominated there once before, gets accused of doping, volunteers to undergo better testing, Pacquiao camp refuses = DIRTY!

Pacland...where only the stupid survive.

It's been strangely subdued on these boards. Lots of activity but a weird sort of silence from most intelligent Pac fans. Just a couple idiots roaming

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

It's been strangely subdued on these boards. Lots of activity but a weird sort of silence from most intelligent Pac fans. Just a couple idiots roaming
              Floyd's lovers are much happier than Real Marquez Fans this weekend.... Right? lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by Majp View Post
                I hate how people think that because pac was knocked out by jmm that mayweather is just going to walk through him now.........
                Many boxing fans had predicted that well before Floyd had even fought JMM. JMM KO'ing Pac has very little to do with people picking Mayweather to beat Pac in the ring rather than a court room.

The real problem is that now the pac fans understand just why people had picked Floyd to beat Pac, they are calling for Pac to just retire. They would rather him walk away then to fight Floyd.

Would Floyd KO him, probably not but you can't turn a blind eye on the fact that Pac can't handle fighters with speed, movement and counter puncher abilities. Traits that set Mayweather well above every fighter active at the moment including JMM.

Again, Pac's problems to adjust and after seeing him fight JMM a 4th time just makes the predictions of many boxing fans more justifiable than ever at this point. But don't act like nobody had made the prediction of Floyd beating Pac something new. Floyd has always been the betting favorite since day 1 and nothing has changed besides the amount of excuses each side have made to not fight each other. However I bet 40 million sounds really nice to Pac right about now. Then again we all know Bob has other plans.

Comment

A lot of people (from both sides) have been banned and I expected that. However, IMO as long as MODS keep banning trolls and alts. the board will continue to get better from here on out.

Comment

after a pac fight you can usually seperate the fringe from the center. The fringe cosigns ped's and leg cramps, puts up slow mo videoes, talks about foot stomping. The reasonable fans don't get caught up in that level of BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      A lot of people (from both sides) have been banned and I expected that. However, IMO as long as MODS keep banning trolls and alts. the board will continue to get better from here on out.
                      This from the boards biggest troll.

Comment

Working...
                      X