No announcement yet.

Overeem REEMED Lesnar!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
    One of my friends trained at Brock's camp for a bit... Weirdest **** he ever told me was that in sparring, sparring partners were not allowed to hit Brock in the face.
    Pat Barry says he punches Brock in the face during training all the time, hard too. I think Vanderlei was spot on with his prediction though. He says it takes a long time to learn to accept a punch and keep your eyes open.....

Comment

Originally posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
      brock didn't look motivated at all to be in there and the retirement announcement made it make sense he had no intentions of fighting 2nite. so don't be too excited about overeem beating an unmotivated lesnar.
      brock looked scared to **** to be in there

Comment

Predictable he did, Overeem is a prime good sized HW and a real fighter at that while Brock though big and strong is more a now failed marketing tool.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
          Glad Brock lost again.

Proves you can't just jump into MMA just because you're big & athletic.
          ummm, he was a HW champion by his 4th career fight. so no, him losing to top tier fighters in Cain and Reem doesn't prove anything.

I still think he could be a threat if he continued to dedicate himself to mma and building his skill instead of fighting once a year like he has for his last couple of fights.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
            ummm, he was a HW champion by his 4th career fight. so no, him losing to top tier fighters in Cain and Reem doesn't prove anything.

I still think he could be a threat if he continued to dedicate himself to mma and building his skill instead of fighting once a year like he has for his last couple of fights.
            Swizzy most of the time your on point or make a valid point some where but this one come on what makes you think Brock could really fight at this level from what we have seen so far he just doesnt have the training or the heart imo. I mean what would he need another year of learning how to box and take a punch he just doesnt have it and tbh I like dude.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Pat Barry says he punches Brock in the face during training all the time, hard too. I think Vanderlei was spot on with his prediction though. He says it takes a long time to learn to accept a punch and keep your eyes open.....
              You're a big enough fight fan to know that the most useless quotes come from trainers and training partners in the media.

Comment

Brock had already discussed the possibility of retirement from MMA with his immediate family and besides, that deal he brokered with WWE last year to have his likeness in any WWE merchandise had to mean something. Looks like we could well be seeing him back doing moonsdaults from atop of a turn buckle.

All things aside, I do however tip my hat off to him for at least trying and training with the most minimal.

Comment

nah brock didn't even look like he tried tonight, it sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
                    nah brock didn't even look like he tried tonight, it sucked.
                    What did you expect when an over hyped Zuffa can goes up against an experienced and top level Pride fighter?

Brock should have developed his standup game and trained with the best kickboxers, instead of training with the same American C-level kickboxers. If Brock trained with Golden Glory, he wouldnt be running away from punches, afterall getting hit in sparring by Sergei, Overeem, and Schilt would probably hurt more than any JDS or Cain punches. And I know that Golden Glory has some intense sparring sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
                      Swizzy most of the time your on point or make a valid point some where but this one come on what makes you think Brock could really fight at this level from what we have seen so far he just doesnt have the training or the heart imo. I mean what would he need another year of learning how to box and take a punch he just doesnt have it and tbh I like dude.
                      that was exactly my point. I said IF he had been fighting and training consistantly throughout the year he would be a much better fighter than he is. Many fighters have had tremendous changes from the beginning of their careers to the end. But Brock just didn't fight regularly enough to stay focused and sharp.

A lot of lesser fighters have accomplished big things in MMA. Fighters with less wrestling cridentials and far less strength, speed and athletic ability for their size. So its only natural to think that brock could have done a lot more if he didn't have so many set backs in the last couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                      X