• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana is Marciano without the chin.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Maidana is Marciano without the chin.
      This fight should end Morales' career once and for all if it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        This fight should end Morales' career once and for all if it happens.
        If Marquez doesn't, Chino will. I'm going to watch Marquez-Morales and I'm going to cheer for Marquez but I really do hope it doesn't get ugly...I see a really strong Hagler-Leonard parallel here, though. Marquez and Hagler both languished as very quality fighters underneath the more spectacular Leonard/Morales. Now, they're both coming back after layoffs...that being said, Marquez is gonna kill him.

Comment

If Marquez doesn't, Chino will. I'm going to watch Marquez-Morales and I'm going to cheer for Marquez but I really do hope it doesn't get ugly...I see a really strong Hagler-Leonard parallel here, though. Marquez and Hagler both languished as very quality fighters underneath the more spectacular Leonard/Morales. Now, they're both coming back after layoffs...that being said, Marquez is gonna kill him.

Marquez-Morales isn't going to happen because JMM doesn't want to be forced to sign an extension with GBP. He's looking to clear the path for a 3rd Pacquiao fight if Mayweather is still unavailable.

Comment

Maidana is Marciano without the chin, skills, punch, stamina, heart, or intelligence.
            Thats better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Marquez-Morales isn't going to happen because JMM doesn't want to be forced to sign an extension with GBP. He's looking to clear the path for a 3rd Pacquiao fight if Mayweather is still unavailable.
              I didn't hear that, but it's for the best. Marquez should fight Pacquiao at 140. Pacquiao can easily make it. Now just for a tune-up...Funeka? Soto?

Comment

• Rating The NEW Fab Four

If the qaurtet of Barrera, Morales, Marquez and Pacquiao all hung up the gloves today where would they rank against each other and in general say in 10 years time?
                Of course they arent quite finished yet and things could change, Mosley might spark Manny and Morales might level Chino for example but lets just say they all retired today.

Personally i think History will have JMM Morales and MAB as the real rivals with them being a mere chapter in the Manny Pacquaio story, he has left them behind. Funnily enough he is easily my least favourite of the four and tho he has looked electric up in weight his hardest fights have been Morales and Marquez

Rate the New Fab Four

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  If the qaurtet of Barrera, Morales, Marquez and Pacquiao all hung up the gloves today where would they rank against each other and in general say in 10 years time?
                  Of course they arent quite finished yet and things could change, Mosley might spark Manny and Morales might level Chino for example but lets just say they all retired today.

Personally i think History will have JMM Morales and MAB as the real rivals with them being a mere chapter in the Manny Pacquaio story, he has left them behind. Funnily enough he is easily my least favourite of the four and tho he has looked electric up in weight his hardest fights have been Morales and Marquez

Rate the New Fab Four
                  I would rate them: Pacquiao, Marquez, Barrera then Morales although the last three are so close that it could easily be Morales, Barrera, Marquez or any other mix. It's really a matter of preference. I give Marquez credit for a win over Pacquiao, though, so if you take that away, it's Barrera, Morales, Marquez. I take Barrera's two wins over Morales very seriously in terms of rankings, although Morales' win over Pacquiao and Barrera's destruction at Pac-Man's hands make it tricky...it's not an easy ranking, I'll say that.

Comment

I would rate them: Pacquiao, Marquez, Barrera then Morales although the last three are so close that it could easily be Morales, Barrera, Marquez or any other mix. It's really a matter of preference. I give Marquez credit for a win over Pacquiao, though, so if you take that away, it's Barrera, Morales, Marquez. I take Barrera's two wins over Morales very seriously in terms of rankings, although Morales' win over Pacquiao and Barrera's destruction at Pac-Man's hands make it tricky...it's not an easy ranking, I'll say that.
                    I think Manny has to be rated 1 but then again Morales tooled him the first time in his last great performance before falling off, and i had Marquez a winner over him too....

Morales was my favourite but ive really started to appreciate Barrera over the years and i love Marquez, **** man i cant split those three for greatness or for favourites!

One thing that might be worth entertaining tho is while Marquez beat Barrera and they are the same age Marco had been operating at world title level since 95

I know this tho those 4 guys live in ANY Era

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      I think Manny has to be rated 1 but then again Morales tooled him the first time in his last great performance before falling off, and i had Marquez a winner over him too....

Morales was my favourite but ive really started to appreciate Barrera over the years and i love Marquez, **** man i cant split those three for greatness or for favourites!

One thing that might be worth entertaining tho is while Marquez beat Barrera and they are the same age Marco had been operating at world title level since 95

I know this tho those 4 guys live in ANY Era
                      Yeah, Morales beat Pacquiao up the first time around but Manny's got to be number one. He annihilated Barrera to the point where I don't know how the second fight went because I'm afraid to watch it, KTFO'd Hatton, embarrassed Cotto and Clottey and could have stopped Margarito in that 12th if he had gone after it.

And I agree about the three Mexicans. I just can't separate them. They're so close and they all have different things going for them. Marquez has his longevity and I think he's probably the most skilled of the three, Barrera's got his win over Hamed, two wins over Morales and his ability to reinvent himself when necessary and then Morales might be the most consistently thrilling fighter in history, along with his star-studded resume. I just don't know...

Comment

Working...
                      X