Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Mayweather Still Be Considered Great If He Had a Loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Two ATG's but neither in their prime but that we know as Hagler didn't beat any prime ATG's but that's another story.

He did clearly imply that. He may have even literally said it. I was correcting him as Leonard did wait for him to fade that's a fact.

Never said "completely faded" I said he faded which he did.

And Leonard probably wouldn't have destroyed him regardless because he was retired for 3 years and having his first fight at Middleweight. Getting beat up and dropped in sparring too. It's abit embarrassing that Hagler let it be close enough to lose.
    two atg's but neither in their prime...kill yaself...floyd would beat around the bush to sign for a fight with shot versions of duran and hearns...you act like hagler waited both those guys out...those fights happened at the proper timelines...

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
      inb4 someone comes in here and claims Floyd already lost to Castillo/Maidana/DLH/Pac, etc.
      The Castillo one is the only one you can really argue about. Floyd would still be considered great with one loss I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        two atg's but neither in their prime...kill yaself...floyd would beat around the bush to sign for a fight with shot versions of duran and hearns...you act like hagler waited both those guys out...those fights happened at the proper timelines...
        Neither were prime versions. That's a fact. Hagler didn't beat any ATG's in their prime or even HOF'ers in their prime for that matter.

Are you actually trying to suggest that Roberto Duran was in his prime when he fought Hagler? You're a comedian.

I don't care what the reason is or who's fault it was the fact is neither were prime versions.

Bringing up Floyd for no reason once again I didn't mention Floyd in my post.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightsout_finit
          His entire fake legacy is based on being "undefeated"......
          That's it. If he were even 49-1, his fan boy numbers would deplete.

Comment

the first castillo fight looked to be a draw at best
            The only draw is going to be me drawing a dick on your tombstone if you don't learn something about Boxing before you come to MY messageboards again.

Comment

• A couple losses would actually increase his greatness (especially if he redeemed them like his "unofficial losses") in my opinion. Would have hurt his marketing and $$ but it would hold have removed that "0 because he never took risks" argument as a fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Neither were prime versions. That's a fact. Hagler didn't beat any ATG's in their prime or even HOF'ers in their prime for that matter.

Are you actually trying to suggest that Roberto Duran was in his prime when he fought Hagler? You're a comedian.

I don't care what the reason is or who's fault it was the fact is neither were prime versions.

Bringing up Floyd for no reason once again I didn't mention Floyd in my post.
                Pretty sure Mogabi and Hamsho were inducted and prime when Hagler fought them.

Hearns is legit prime win IMO.

Comment

go fly a kite on a rainy day...

whose to blame for the fight not being made...lmao...
                  that type of crap is only important to pathetic captain sav-a-floyds like yourself...i don't have to give anybody any props that is undue...

but since you have time, give us a full rundown on why floyd couldn't find the time to fight the ww division while he was on a two year vacation after the hatton fight...i got news for you...it ain't just pac that you got to come up with excuses for floyd...how pathetic you dudes look for even wasting the time to make floyd unaccountable for everybody he didn't make a fight with, or waited out until the fight was two non prime guys, makes you look like a weak a** fanboy...but I know i know, his hands was hurting right?...gtfoh....

Yea, that's what I thought, bltch. This isn't about saving anyone. This is about facts. Something that your dumb ass tries to sway because you are a butthurt f@g. Stop being a little pvssy and speak the truth.

Who is it that you believe he ducked. Saying someone ducked while he was retired is ****ing stupid. Especially when there is a post here about his "hit-list," and he fought everyone on it. You were probably one of the little pvssies saying he wouldn't fight anyone on the list. Let's discuss who you believe he ducked, starting with Pacquiao since this one is brought up the most. You down???

Think I proved my point. That being, you're a little ball-less bltch. Thanks.
                  Last edited by travestyny; 10-26-2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                    Pretty sure Mogabi and Hamsho were inducted and prime when Hagler fought them.

Hearns is legit prime win IMO.
                    Wrong.....neither are hof'ers except Hearns but he wasn't prime at all when Hagler fought him.

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                      A couple losses would actually increase his greatness (especially if he redeemed them like his "unofficial losses") in my opinion. Would have hurt his marketing and $$ but it would hold have removed that "0 because he never took risks" argument as a fighter.
                      Makes zero sense, how does a loss make you greater? Just because someone doesn't lose it doesnt mean they didnt take risk.
                      Last edited by Xi_; 10-26-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X