No announcement yet.

Why didn't Cotto move the Date?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Cotto move the Date?

I just don't get it , it doesn't make business sense to have your fight on the same day of the biggest fight in history

They should of move it in September 1-2 weeks before
    GGG-Conelo

Not that simple to move a whole venue. I feel bad for Cotto and Kamegai though, the MayMac event completely overshadowed them...

Comment

To be fair, not even hardcore fans cared much for this fight, with or without MayMac.

Comment

Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
        To be fair, not even hardcore fans cared much for this fight, with or without MayMac.
        Exactly. I don't remember anyone being excited when that fight was announced. When Mayweather-McGgregor was announced that's when people started calling the Cotto fight a real fight. **** Cotto. I haven't forgotten he was trying to sell us a fight against Kirkland on PPV. The only reason he's fighting on HBO is because Kirkland got hurt and Roc Nation refused to put him on another PPV

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
          I just don't get it , it doesn't make business sense to have your fight on the same day of the biggest fight in history

They should of move it in September 1-2 weeks before
          GGG-Conelo
          Golden Boy paid Cotto his money, so it's likely that Cotto didn't much care when the fight happened.

The real question, though, is why did HBO and Golden Boy insist on trying to counter program against Mayweather-McGregor?

Because, in a logical world, Cotto-Kamegai gets moved to September 2nd, HBO pairs that live fight with the first episode of 24/7, the second episode airs September 9th, and then you've got the hard sell on fight week.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Exactly. I don't remember anyone being excited when that fight was announced. When Mayweather-McGgregor was announced that's when people started calling the Cotto fight a real fight. **** Cotto. I haven't forgotten he was trying to sell us a fight against Kirkland on PPV. The only reason he's fighting on HBO is because Kirkland got hurt and Roc Nation refused to put him on another PPV
            Lmfao true and that on ppv woulda been horrible but at the same time it woulda been more dangerous and competitive than floyd vs an mma fighter making his boxing debut for however long it lasts on ppv also.

Comment

Well, Its my backup plan (to Watch HBO) in case I can't find A Stream for Floyd. Either way, I'm Watching Boxing Sat. Night.

Comment

Golden Boy / HBO trying to get some sales off Floyd-Conor even how negligible it is in retaliation to Floyd-Conor hurting the Sept. 16 GGG-Canelo fight.

Comment

Mani/Pedi appointment next week

Comment

Working...
                  X