Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's good Fonfara lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still believe Fonfara is one of the top dogs, don't count him yet because he lost 1 fight to a hard punch that would have knocked out anyone out, he was out when he got up.

As for Stevenson, he got knocked out by a guy who was 16-15 when he fought him, Kovalev went to a Draw with that same boxer and don't forget Fonfara is the only guy who has stopped Chavez Jr, even if he fought contenders most of his career.

TL;DR Go analyze some other sport, because boxing isn't for you

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Top level fighters don't lose to part time fighters/construction workers in the first round by KO....

Call him what you want but that just doesn't happen to good fighters unless they're shot....
      Anything can happen in any fight. That's what makes this sport so great. In no other sport can a construction worker change his life with one punch. They make movies about feats like this.

UFC fans would've celebrated what happened last night. Boxing fans turn it into a negative. That's why one sport is thriving and getting $4 billion offers while the other is the butt of all jokes in the mainstream media.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        Top level fighters don't lose to part time fighters/construction workers in the first round by KO....

Call him what you want but that just doesn't happen to good fighters unless they're shot....
        he stopped chavez jr, campillo and karpency, clearly beat cleverly over 12 and dropped stevenson. that's a top 5 resume at LHW. his credentials are proven

as for last night's fight, like fonfara himself said, "it happens". this is a hard sport

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
          I have to admit I was a little surprised that he lost in that fashion especially in the first round was a little unexpected to say the least given this was the same fighter who floored stevenson not so long ago.
          And beat the crap out of Chavez jr!

Peace brother!

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            Anything can happen in any fight. That's what makes this sport so great. In no other sport can a construction worker change his life with one punch. They make movies about feats like this.

UFC fans would've celebrated what happened last night. Boxing fans turn it into a negative. That's why one sport is thriving and getting $4 billion offers while the other is the butt of all jokes in the mainstream media.
            Well, if it was UFC, we would have known who Joe Smith Jr. was already because he would have fought other known guys in their ratings system before getting a crack at Fonfara... Boxing blows, it's all politics and bribing of belt organizations to get rankings..we hardly get the fights we want to see and when we do they almost always let us down... This could be a great year for boxing if the second half heats up with big fights but I'm sure it will just be a letdown of fights that don't get made instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              And beat the crap out of Chavez jr!

Peace brother!
              I know right I forgot about that for a minute but thanks for bringing it up? he went on from giving Chavez Jr and Stevenson trouble to losing to this Fighter who he lost against and came up short especially in the first round was a bit off a shocker..

Then again being Boxing Fans it's always important to brace yourself for the unexpected/unpredictable..

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                I know right I forgot about that for a minute but thanks for bringing it up? he went on from giving Chavez Jr and Stevenson trouble to losing to this Fighter who he lost against and came up short especially in the first round was a bit off a shocker..

Then again being Boxing Fans it's always important to brace yourself for the unexpected/unpredictable..
                I gamble regularly, but Fonfara cost me some dollars.
                I am staying away from Postol, cuz he is real good.

If Floyd and PAC rematch, Floyd.

Canelo needs to fight a Charlo, or someone good, if he wins, then GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  I gamble regularly, but Fonfara cost me some dollars.
                  I am staying away from Postol, cuz he is real good.

If Floyd and PAC rematch, Floyd.

Canelo needs to fight a Charlo, or someone good, if he wins, then GGG.
                  I honest to god hope that in this life time we never see the debacle which was Floyd/Manny ever happen again frankly I am happy it is all over, though I would have preferred Pac to win. I'm disappointed in just general with that entire fight as to how it all went on as one guy was just head hunting and the other just moving around and not always engaging.

As for betting, hmmmm well can't say I have ever done betting before but like anything else it comes down to luck and picking the right winner or outcome and depending on how much you put down and how much you get returned on the odds...

Tough break on the Fonfara gamble, as for Canelo I would like to see him in those fights I would pick him against Charlo on purely just a hunch/Limb but against GGG I'm not sure.

Comment

I don't think losing will hurt Fonfara's stock much, and we'll probably get a rematch. He got caught in the first round against an unknown puncher, shit happens. Fonfara's style and attributes lend itself to getting caught.

Comment

Maybe Joe Smith is just better than people thought and we have another factor in the division? I'll be honest I have no idea who the guy is, though.

And let's be honest, very few were putting Fonfara up there with Kovalev or anything, and most of those people are just trying hard to make Stevenson look better.

Comment

Working...
                      X