No announcement yet.

who got schooled more?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    I don't really know how anyone can argue that Mayweather did not school Canelo to be honest. The fight made his limitations as a fighter apparent
    I have to be honest... before the Mayweather fight I thought Alvarez was the second coming of Ray Robinson. Floyd really made the scales fall from eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Exactly, those round 12 theatrics were greater than anything Canelo was able to muster over the course of 12 lopsided rounds.
      I love this retroactive retelling of a pretty dull fight where not much happened. Maybe one of these "lopsided" rounds was the first, where both fighters feinted for over two minutes and then landed about four punches each?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        I have to be honest... before the Mayweather fight I thought Alvarez was the second coming of Ray Robinson. Floyd really made the scales fall from eyes.
        Haha your sarcasm is so funny, lol. Seriously whether someone is schooled is a personal thing, you were aware of Canelo's limits, I was aware of Canelo's limits, a lot of people were aware of Canelo. But the person of importance, Canelo, was not aware of his limits. He thought he was as fast as Floyd, thought he could outbox Floyd, thought he could bully Floyd; he was taught that those thoughts were wrong ergo he was schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Alvarez looked hopeless trying different strategies, to the point he was sitting on the ropes confused. He never came close to controlling a round or figuring Mayweather out. He learned some harsh lessons about his abilities. That's a schooling.
          The first six rounds were competitive, IMO. It was a chess match in which Mayweather outpointed Canelo. Hopkins-Pavlik was a schooling. Canleo-Mayweather was not imo.

Comment

Who's voting for Chavez? Lol he was exposed by Sergio then again showed how much he sucks but was hitting vera with some hard shots. But cAnelo was pernell Whitaker jr before he fought Floyd. And couldn't even touch Floyd lol

Comment

Working...
            X