Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Pacquiao insist on rehydration clause if Spence fight is made?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Pacquiao insist on rehydration clause if Spence fight is made?

Spence easily walks around at 175+, maybe even 180+. Should Manny insist on a rehydration clause so Spence can’t inflate higher than say 157 or so?

I fully support rehydration clauses for all fights, and this one in particular would make sense for Manny.

Sure. I don't think this kind of handicapping is necessarily any worse than catchweights -- not that I'm a fighter myself though. But come on, Spence has to be the considerable favourite regardless.

Comment

no, he's not gonna get full credit if he wins

Comment

Lol, you mean like how Spence always comes in at 157 the morning of the fight due to the IBF 10 pound limit?

If these two do fight, it will be a unification bout so the 10 pound limit will not come in play. Can Pacquiao ask for it? Sure he can, but I doubt he will.

Comment

IMO i think hydration requirements should be MANDATORY ACROSS THE BOARD FOR ALL COMBAT SPORTS. Weight = force, their is a reason why Spence is a hard hitter, his weight gives him more potential (assuming of course he knows how to throw a punch and is not "arm punching").

Comment

He will not want random blood testing. Spence is an idiot if he agrees to fight him without it. I don't think he will ask for a rehydration limit.

Comment

No tricks, no gamesmanship; Manny should fight him just the way he is or leave him alone.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Lol, you mean like how Spence always comes in at 157 the morning of the fight due to the IBF 10 pound limit?

If these two do fight, it will be a unification bout so the 10 pound limit will not come in play. Can Pacquiao ask for it? Sure he can, but I doubt he will.
                Morning of means nothing. He can still pack on over ten pounds through the course of the day/evening. He won’t reveal his walk around weight, but he has to lose at least 20+ pounds for a fight. Crawford walks around at 177-180, and Spence looks bigger than him.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  Morning of means nothing. He can still pack on over ten pounds through the course of the day/evening. He won’t reveal his walk around weight, but he has to lose at least 20+ pounds for a fight. Crawford walks around at 177-180, and Spence looks bigger than him.
                  Morning of means nothing? Buddy, that's exactly when the rehydration clause comes in play. If Pacquiao puts in a 157 limit, it will be the morning of the fight, not actually the night of the fight.

So if Pacquiao insists on a rehydration clause, it will be par for course for Spence as he's been having that since the Brook fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Morning of means nothing? Buddy, that's exactly when the rehydration clause comes in play. If Pacquiao puts in a 157 limit, it will be the morning of the fight, not actually the night of the fight.

So if Pacquiao insists on a rehydration clause, it will be par for course for Spence as he's been having that since the Brook fight.
                    He can ask for later weigh in or less than ten pounds over weight limit. When you are the A-side you can insist on exceptions. Look at Floyd and his three week TUE exception.

Comment

Working...
                    X