Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford vs. Spence is only a huge fight for hardcores it wont do big numbers on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawford vs. Spence is only a huge fight for hardcores it wont do big numbers on PPV

This is one of the best match ups in boxing, a super fight but only for us hardcores

Crawford is barely known and Spence is just starting to get noticed, these guys are already 30 years old

They were both under marketed, They don't have the name yet.

Look with Wilder vs Tyson Fury, that was a HUGE heavyweight fight between the two best undefeated guys and it barely did what 150 to 250k buys or something?

You have to push these guys to the masses, right now only Spence is being pushed to the masses and so far there is no way Crawford deserves a 50 50 with Spence. if Spence does 350k on his next PPV its gonna have to be 60 40 for Spence

Crawfords PPVs are embarrassingly low, what did his Postol PPV do like 25k buys or something?

This is the sad part right now, and this why the sport needs Dana White he can really hype up fighters like crazy he can take a scrub off the street and make the mainstream think he is the next Tyson lol

Glad to see at least one person is finally starting to come around to the reality that Terence Crawford is not a draw. And that's because nobody wants to pay to see him get another asterisk.

Spence is at least more of a draw, but he's not really that much of a draw in the big picture.

Comment

Whether it makes alot of money or not is meaningless to me. Either way my checking account doesnt receive a deposit. I want to see the best fight the best for the sake of my entertainment and nothing more. Too much cheerleading and living vicariously through promoters/managers in the global boxing fanbase. Worry about your own money.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        This is one of the best match ups in boxing, a super fight but only for us hardcores

Crawford is barely known and Spence is just starting to get noticed, these guys are already 30 years old

They were both under marketed, They don't have the name yet.

Look with Wilder vs Tyson Fury, that was a HUGE heavyweight fight between the two best undefeated guys and it barely did what 150 to 250k buys or something?

You have to push these guys to the masses, right now only Spence is being pushed to the masses and so far there is no way Crawford deserves a 50 50 with Spence. if Spence does 350k on his next PPV its gonna have to be 60 40 for Spence

Crawfords PPVs are embarrassingly low, what did his Postol PPV do like 25k buys or something?

This is the sad part right now, and this why the sport needs Dana White he can really hype up fighters like crazy he can take a scrub off the street and make the mainstream think he is the next Tyson lol
        The fight will do around 400-500k which is a major success for errol and bud.

Comment

Pbc could help it by giving some guys for Crawford to feed on. But PBC dont give chances to guys outside their circle.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
            The fight will do around 400-500k which is a major success for errol and bud.
            No ****ing way...and this is from someone who is desperate to see the fight. It wont do those type of numbers which is why neither guy or their team, particularly Spence wants to risk it yet. One of them needs to land Pac and beat him, it's kind of what Oscar did for May and Pac. Otherwise I dont see it happening for a year or so, and God knows if Spence will even be at ww anymore.

The only other way is if a promoter/network is willing to risk possibly making a loss on the event and guarantee both guys $10 ish million

Comment

These two media-meek fellas need to embrace what the media can do for them. If they want more money, engage the ones who can put you out for the masses to see and I’m not talking about fighthype and seckbach. They need to cozy up and open up to the big time writers and espn kind of media.

Comment

Yeah right..

If these 2 are fighting eachother it's bigger than Spence Vs Danny, Porter, Mikey, Thurman w/e

Comment

It could absolutely do 400-500k buys, I mean Spence vs Garcia almost did 400k buys.

If Spence does 350k buys vs Porter and wins? Shoot, he could ask for like 65/35 and it would be fair. But 60/40 is probably closer to what it will end up at.

Comment

Hope you’re wrong. I still wish we would’ve gotten Trinidad vs Quartey and Mosley back in the early 2000’s.

Comment

Working...
                    X