Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Mayweather vs Berto do such terrible PPV numbers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Mayweather vs Berto do such terrible PPV numbers?

I'm looking through mayweathers PPV numbers and they are massive, but why did the Berto fight do such terrible numbers?

because the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight happened and the drama was over, notice how mannys ppv's since then are nothing to even mention

Comment

Because he fought berto

Comment

people were watching mayweather to see him lose. berto was a no-hoper. also, what larry said.

Comment

A mixture of Berto being a very weak B side and fan backlash after Mayweather-Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
            I'm looking through mayweathers PPV numbers and they are massive, but why did the Berto fight do such terrible numbers?
            They weren't terrible alt.

Comment

Those “Terrible” number is probably higher than what we get today as successful PPV, can’t remember what it did but am sure it outsold (Wilder/Fury), Pac/Broner, Spence/Garcia.

So if this is true and we call his number “Terrible” what can we say about those other numbers? Especially the heavyweight fight that we were told would sell 2.5m PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by drablj View Post
                people were watching mayweather to see him lose. berto was a no-hoper. also, what larry said.
                But wait.... Conor was obviously a no hoper as well, but that fight did great numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                  They weren't terrible alt.
                  Terrible compared to a lot of his other fights.

Dumbass.

Comment

They were low for Floyd's standards.

But yeah, i think Mayweather v Pacquiao not being a great fight to watch put a dent in the numbers. Plus it was Berto.

I don't think too many people were keen on paying money when Floyd was retiring and taking a soft touch retirement fight. There was no more anticipation for anything in terms of future fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X