No announcement yet.

Charlo twins, others miss WBC drug tests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlo twins, others miss WBC drug tests

The WBC continues to work toward making the sport of boxing that much better, with its emphasis on regular PED testing, via their “Clean Boxing Program.”

Testing in that spehere is performed by VADA, the Voluntary Anti-Drug Association, and the program has been in effect since May 2016.

The adherence to the CPB has been pretty solid and even critical sorts who tend to nitpick the sanctioning bodies at any and every turn have offered props to Mauricio Sulaiman, the WBC boss, for trying to push the players in the game to compete on level playing fields.

Part of that best-case construct has to come from peer pressure and a certain level of transparency about the program, who is taking part, and who isn’t.

The WBC put out a few days ago an update; from Oct. 1 to Nov. 20, there were 28 tests attempted by VADA within the CPB protocol, and 22 were completed. There were six missed tests, and one positive—a sample for Kevin Lerena tested positive for clompihene Oct. 18 in South Africa.

A WBC official informed me that these six athletes missed tests during the Oct. 1-Nov. 20 testing span: Paddy Barnes, Lodumo Lamati, Jermall Charlo, Jermell Charlo, Juan José Velasco, and Patrick Texeira.
    Read the rest here
    https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/11/...bc-drug-tests?

Really fishy that it’s BOTH of them.

Comment

Maybe they did some drugs

Comment

Steroid cheats

Comment

Be interesting to see how the WBC handles this one... Mauricio was quick enough to leap to Canelo's defense over a failed test - I wonder if the twins are also 'part of the family' when it comes to missing one?

Comment

I believe you are able to miss one in 12 months. But a second counts as a fail?

Comment

Just don’t let Lubin read this (Lines only) lol

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Be interesting to see how the WBC handles this one... Mauricio was quick enough to leap to Canelo's defense over a failed test - I wonder if the twins are also 'part of the family' when it comes to missing one?
                give em a pass if they are willing to do a hair test...

Comment

That Patrick Texeira is highly suspect!

Comment

Not a good look for the Bros .

Comment

Working...
                    X