Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia-Hogan Scoring: Judges Agreed On Just Six of 12 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Would it have mattered? Likely would have called it a slip like when Gvozdyk knocked down Stevenson.

I would love to know how many punches didn’t hit the target for Munguia
    Is their a way to get that stat
    Mofo must of been extremely tired hitting nothing like that

Comment

Maybe score each minute?

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
        I would love to know how many punches didn’t hit the target for Munguia
        Is their a way to get that stat
        Mofo must of been extremely tired hitting nothing like that
        I want to rematch the fight and so my own compubox, but I hit the button when he misses.

I’m guessing it’s at least 2/1 missed to landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
          Maybe score each minute?
          It would be a long fughin night lol
          A lot of stop-rewind
          Would remind of how we used to get the lyrics for songs on tape ( I know you recall that )
          Was wondering if someone ( compumiss ) kept stats like that

Anyway all this to state it’s really tiring punching air
          Fughin hard on a fighter

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            I want to rematch the fight and so my own compubox, but I hit the button when he misses.

I’m guessing it’s at least 2/1 missed to landed.
            More than that
            Funny’s enough , Dazn has that weird camera angle , like overlooking the fight , kind of being in the ring on someone’s shoulder
            Every time they had that angle , you would see him missing quite a bit
            See for yourself , I’m pretty sure I wasn’t hallucinating

Comment

ehhh 7-5 was to hogan was the proper score

but fight was in Mexico

not really mad

Comment

It would be a long fughin night lol
                A lot of stop-rewind
                Would remind of how we used to get the lyrics for songs on tape ( I know you recall that )
                Was wondering if someone ( compumiss ) kept stats like that

Anyway all this to state it’s really tiring punching air
                Fughin hard on a fighter
                U are totally right. In truth eye witnesses are unreliable, in the sense few agree on what they see, and even then it’s objective. Boxing judges should be better than random witnesses because they are the opposite of that. Twelve extremely close rounds could still be a shutout either way. But it’s always been this way, try and get three humans to agree on anything. The first round is usually a feel out round, one guy can win by throwing one extra jab but that’s the same as winning the twelfth round by a wide margin but not enough to get 10/8.
                And yes I totally played my cassette player for a few seconds at a time writing down the lyrics.lol I just don’t know how to make scoring more accountable?

Comment

U are totally right. In truth eye witnesses are unreliable, in the sense few agree on what they see, and even then it’s objective. Boxing judges should be better than random witnesses because they are the opposite of that. Twelve extremely close rounds could still be a shutout either way. But it’s always been this way, try and get three humans to agree on anything. The first round is usually a feel out round, one guy can win by throwing one extra jab but that’s the same as winning the twelfth round by a wide margin but not enough to get 10/8.
                  And yes I totally played my cassette player for a few seconds at a time writing down the lyrics.lol I just don’t know how to make scoring more accountable?

That makes two of us
                  But I do know he missed a bunch and that takes a very heavy toll on you
                  This is one of those fights , that Hogan made him pay every time he swung and missed

Comment

The fastest fighter I’ve ever seen live is Floyd
                    When we caught the replay we couldn’t believe how many punches we had missed and we had great seats
                    He’d put together four five punches and we’d only see two
                    So yeah ,quite objective to each’s own

Comment

More than that
                      Funny’s enough , Dazn has that weird camera angle , like overlooking the fight , kind of being in the ring on someone’s shoulder
                      Every time they had that angle , you would see him missing quite a bit
                      See for yourself , I’m pretty sure I wasn’t hallucinating
                      When he missed his uppercut it looked like in mortal kombat 2 where they miss by a mile and then stand there with their arm in the air for a second before resetting.

Comment

Working...
                      X