No announcement yet.

Loma is the truth, no way anyone can't give him props

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
    Thats irrelavent, plenty of boxers have come out of the amateurs with great pedigrees and then fought low level fighters for 2 to 3 years, crawford had 70 amateur fights , ward had 115,, floyd had 80 or so,, go and look at their first 15 pro fights and you wont recognise 1 name, plenty of posters on here want to complain about cherrypicking and when a fighter actually lifts the bar then he gets crucified by the same clueless posters, congrats to larry for giving due credit, the only way you get great fights is by fighters challenging themselves
    Dude, all I'm saying is that they took two different routes. After 12 fights, Loma is already 30 years old. After 12 fights, Crawford was 22 years old!

It makes sense for Loma to be on the fast track.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      Dude, all I'm saying is that they took two different routes. After 12 fights, Loma is already 30 years old. After 12 fights, Crawford was 22 years old!

It makes sense for Loma to be on the fast track.
      So what about the age, always excuses, 1st it was because of his pedigree, now it's because of his age, how about he wants to make a legacy, how about he challenges himself, how about he believes in himself, the man has had 12 fights, won 3 different weight division world titles and is in every conversation surrounding P4P, what is there to criticise

Comment

So what about the age, always excuses, 1st it was because of his pedigree, now it's because of his age, how about he wants to make a legacy, how about he challenges himself, how about he believes in himself, the man has had 12 fights, won 3 different weight division world titles and is in every conversation surrounding P4P, what is there to criticise
        Nothing! There is nothing to criticize.

I'm not criticizing him. But you seem to be shltting on Crawford who is pretty much right there neck and neck with him and who could very well be seen as being above him if not now, but by the end of their careers.

The only thing I've tried to explain is that I think you're blowing him up way too much for the approach that was taken. Both he and Crawford are pretty much neck and neck at the top of boxing right now and deserve the same amount of respect, in my opinion.

Comment

Good work, he deserves credit doesnt he, thats what im trying to get through to that braindead troll, but he just doesnt get it, crawford is a brilliant fighter, but his rise has been much slower, his first 15 or so fights were the average joe,, this clown talk about a loss to a 4 time world champ in lomas 2nd fight, they forget he had the balls to take on opponents like that
          Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          Nothing! There is nothing to criticize.

I'm not criticizing him. But you seem to be shltting on Crawford who is pretty much right there neck and neck with him and who could very well be seen as being above him if not now, but by the end of their careers.

The only thing I've tried to explain is that I think you're blowing him up way too much for the approach that was taken. Both he and Crawford are pretty much neck and neck at the top of boxing right now and deserve the same amount of respect, in my opinion.
          How am i ****ting on him, ive said his rise was slower, thats all

Comment

How am i ****ting on him, ive said his rise was slower, thats all
            Ok, I see there you did give him props, so I'll stand corrected on that.

But dude, you posted Crawford's first 15 fights as if that takes away from anything. My only point is his rise being slower shouldn't take away anything, and Loma's rise during 12 fights shouldn't be seen as automatically making him the best thing since sliced bread. Both are doing great right now, they are basically neck and neck, and both have a lot more to do to be considered all-time greats.

Comment

Ok, I see there you did give him props, so I'll stand corrected on that.

But dude, you posted Crawford's first 15 fights as if that takes away from anything. My only point is his rise being slower shouldn't take away anything, and Loma's rise during 12 fights shouldn't be seen as automatically making him the best thing since sliced bread. Both are doing great right now, they are basically neck and neck, and both have a lot more to do to be considered all-time greats.
              It shouldn't take anything away but at the same time you need to give props to Loma for starting at the very hard end of the sport, every other fighter uses the same line that they need a couple of years and a number of fights to adjust from the amateurs to the pros, Loma completely bypassed that stage

Comment

It shouldn't take anything away but at the same time you need to give props to Loma for starting at the very hard end of the sport, every other fighter uses the same line that they need a couple of years and a number of fights to adjust from the amateurs to the pros, Loma completely bypassed that stage
                Cool. I can agree with that.

Comment

Cool. I can agree with that.
                  All good, it pisses me off when posters complain about cherry pickers and here we have a fighter daring to be great so they lift the bar to ridiculous heights for him "to be considered" in the words of raggatroll

Comment

Working...
                  X