Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you score Marquez-Pacquaio I, II & III?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First fight I had it a draw. Really thought it could’ve gone either way. 2nd fight was close but I thought Marquez won 8 round to 4 despite being knocked down. The 3rd fight is the only one of the 3 I would call a scandalous robbery though. I think they polled like 200 people and there was only like 5 of them who had Manny winning. The key was he had Bob “I have no soul” Arum pulling the strings behind the scenes to make sure he got the nod. Hats off to Marquez I had him 3-0-1 against Pacquiao and actually you can make a strong argument that his only real loss was to Mayweather. That’s very impressive, but yeah, 3 very entertaining fights. Especially the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      First fight I had it a draw. Really thought it could’ve gone either way. 2nd fight was close but I thought Marquez won 8 round to 4 despite being knocked down. The 3rd fight is the only one of the 3 I would call a scandalous robbery though. I think they polled like 200 people and there was only like 5 of them who had Manny winning. The key was he had Bob “I have no soul” Arum pulling the strings behind the scenes to make sure he got the nod. Hats off to Marquez I had him 3-0-1 against Pacquiao and actually you can make a strong argument that his only real loss was to Mayweather. That’s very impressive, but yeah, 3 very entertaining fights. Especially the first one.
      The third was so clear for me that I even walked away to the bathroom because I expected a Marquez win and came back to Pacquiao raising his hands.

Comment

1 pac close decision
        2 jmm
        3 jmm

Comment

1. Pac 113-112

2. Pac 114-113

3. Marquez 115-113

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            1. Pac 113-112

2. Pac 114-113

3. Marquez 115-113

I don't remember exactly how I scored the third fight, but I remember Marquez clearly winning most of the early/mid rounds, but he slowed down and Pac outworked in some of the later rounds. I'll watch it again soon when I have time.

Comment

Havent watched them for a while, but I remember having first one for Manny, second a draw and third for Marquez

Comment

1st fight- 114-111
                2nd fight- 114-113
                3rd fight- 114-114

Comment

Originally posted by grawhill View Post
                  1st fight- 114-111
                  2nd fight- 114-113
                  3rd fight- 114-114
                  A draw in the third? No way, jose.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    The third was so clear for me that I even walked away to the bathroom because I expected a Marquez win and came back to Pacquiao raising his hands.
                    Yep 3rd fight was a total robbery. Amazing how Manny got the decision in that fight (I gave him 3 rounds) but didn’t get it against Bradley (I gave him 8 rounds). Rumour is after Marquez 3 Manny was trying to leave and Bob screwed him over against Bradley as a way of getting back at him and basically forcing him to sign an extension. Marquez got his big win and big moment in the 4th fight but I still think he’s been screwed over a ton in his career. Only fight I had him legit losing was against Mayweather, with a bigger promoter he could easily have been in a similar position to Pacquiao in terms of popularity and marketability. He still had one hell of a career though!

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                      Yep 3rd fight was a total robbery. Amazing how Manny got the decision in that fight (I gave him 3 rounds) but didn’t get it against Bradley (I gave him 8 rounds). Rumour is after Marquez 3 Manny was trying to leave and Bob screwed him over against Bradley as a way of getting back at him and basically forcing him to sign an extension. Marquez got his big win and big moment in the 4th fight but I still think he’s been screwed over a ton in his career. Only fight I had him legit losing was against Mayweather, with a bigger promoter he could easily have been in a similar position to Pacquiao in terms of popularity and marketability. He still had one hell of a career though!
                      That's why Marquez knew the only way he could win as a pure knockout.

Comment

Working...
                      X