Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greatest fighter of our generation

And it started here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vdHJFJeijw

James Toney was a monster when this fight went down. Roy Jones was known only by some real hard core mfers. I was one of those hardcore mfers. Im going to be honest, Roy had knocked everyone out but one to this point. I thought if he dont get him Toney is going to walk him down. I watched a star born on this night, i saw a legend born. There will be many who disagree with me but I dont think there is any one who can beat Roy at his best. I truly think at his best there has never been any one who could beat him.

I mean anyone you can name from the beginning, Roy would make a fool out of them. P4P Roy makes them look dumb, there really is no argument.

He is the greatest fighter who has ever lived. Prime for prime nobody could touch him.

Comment

What i want to see is some Floyd nutt hugger who thinks Roy wouldnt have beat the shiet out of Floyd if they were the same size.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr for almost 15 years was the best in the world. There will never be anyone like him again in this game, ever. What really kills me when reading these boards is the love Floyd gets. Floyd was never the mother ****er Roy was, ever in his life could he **** with roy.

Comment

There isnt a fighter who has ever lived could have ****ed with Roy the night he fought Toney. If you know him put the video up, Ive never seen him . Ive been watching the game live for 40+ years and ive been watching on video at least that long. Roy Jones is the best fighter who has ever been in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
            And it started here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vdHJFJeijw

James Toney was a monster when this fight went down. Roy Jones was known only by some real hard core mfers. I was one of those hardcore mfers. Im going to be honest, Roy had knocked everyone out but one to this point. I thought if he dont get him Toney is going to walk him down. I watched a star born on this night, i saw a legend born. There will be many who disagree with me but I dont think there is any one who can beat Roy at his best. I truly think at his best there has never been any one who could beat him.

I mean anyone you can name from the beginning, Roy would make a fool out of them. P4P Roy makes them look dumb, there really is no argument.
            Respect your general point, but that in bold is a stretch.

RJJ was more known that Toney to most casuals at the time of that fight.

Comment

Roy is offense.
              Floyd Is defense.

Both were impressive in their own right.

Roy fought part time firefighters. Fact.

Floyd fought champions. Fact.

That's the difference.

Never compare the two again. Casual spotted.

Comment

This about Roy Jones Jr or James Toney?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                  Respect your general point, but that in bold is a stretch.

RJJ was more known that Toney to most casuals at the time of that fight.
                  I totally disagree..... When they fought, toney had been around for years in high profile fights vs nunn, mccallum, Barkley, and headlined a lot of major televised cards and was very high on every p4p list? And if memory serves me, he was the betting favorite over roy. Roy really hadn't beaten any "name" fighters or had been in any real big fights.. The hopkins fight wasn't big at all as hopkins and jones were both hardly known.. It was on the undercard of bowe-fergeson, to show how little of a fight it was.. Everyone knew roy had amazing potential, but he really hadnt fully realized stardom yet

Toney-roy was much like manny-barrera... A legit p4p champ getting dethroned by a faster more exciting fighter just hitting the big time.. The toney fight turned roy into a star, much like how manny became a star after beating barrera

Comment

Roy was great but not invincible
                    His lack of boxing fundamentals were exploited by Montel Griffin in their first fight, go watch it.

Comment

Working...
                    X