Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you agree that nirvana was the last great/critical acclaimed american band?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimboinbigd View Post
    Sales of Nirvanas music and merchandise even today say otherwise.

millions buy Justin Bieber's ****...doesn't mean its any good

Comment

Originally posted by jimboinbigd View Post
      Sales of Nirvanas music and merchandise even today say otherwise.
      The Backstreet Bois sold a lot of records too: Their music was still wombat manure. Bottom-line is there's always going to be droves of moronic youth with no taste who are willing to pay for whatever vomit is thought of as "cool".

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        millions buy Justin Bieber's ****...doesn't mean its any good
        Jinx :hahahaha9:

Comment

they're quite overrated specially nowadays...

the pixies IMHO are better...

Comment

For those who are unaware, there is a reason why Poet hates 'grunge' (stupid label for 90s alternative) so much, and that reason is because it destroyed his sense of cool. You see, Poet was an 80s teen who absolutely adored f*ggotry like 80s glam and hair metal. Then "'grunge'came along and obliterated his sense of badassery.

Once Nirvana hit the scene Poet had to come to the grim realization that teasing his hair and wearing spiked dog collars and chain wallets to school didn't actually make him look tough.

It just made him look like a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              For those who are unaware, there is a reason why Poet hates 'grunge' (stupid label for 90s alternative) so much, and that reason is because it destroyed his sense of cool. You see, Poet was an 80s teen who absolutely adored f*ggotry like 80s glam and hair metal. Then "'grunge'came along and obliterated his sense of badassery.

Once Nirvana hit the scene Poet had to come to the grim realization that teasing his hair and wearing spiked dog collars and chain wallets to school didn't actually make him look tough.

man, that was a right cross hitting it's target... lets see how poet regroups...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                man, that was a right cross hitting it's target... lets see how poet regroups...
                He won't be able to regroup, because A.) He knows nothing about me to attack in return and B.) Everything I said is absolute truth. I'm not taking shots at him because I dislike him or anything, I'm just stating facts.

And the fact is that fully grown men who still listen to Ronnie James Dio and Whitesnake don't have any ground to stand on when criticizing the (much more critically acclaimed and commercially successful) music of subsequent generations.

He can spit that Bieber jazz that popularity =/= quality all he wants, but the fact is that bands like 'Nirvana', 'Pearl Jam', and 'The Smashing Pumpkins' were not only far more comercially successful than his ghey little Judas Priest cover bands were, but they were generously praised by rock critics in their time, as well. Not to mention the fact that they're still being praised by rock historians to this day. You don't hear any critics lining up to priase Cinderella or Warrant, do you?

Poet's just never gotten over the fact that they pissed on his hairspray and assless chaps parade.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

Oh I dunno, a bunch of angsty faqqots who look like they haven't showered in about 10 years ain't exactly my idea of "cool". What's next? Douchy ear piercings that look like John Holmes could use them for a pocket puzzy? Using a skateboard to pick up chicks that have more body hair than Charlie Manson on a bad day?

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    Oh I dunno, a bunch of angsty faqqots who look like they haven't showered in about 10 years ain't exactly my idea of "cool". What's next? Douchy ear piercings that look like John Holmes could use them for a pocket puzzy? Using a skateboard to pick up chicks that have more body hair than Charlie Manson on a bad day?

Poet
                    So "they looked like f*ggots" is your counterattack?

I expected a little more tolerance from you, Poet. Afterall, Rob Halford (lead singer of Judas Priest) was like a childhood hero to you, and he was an actual f*ggot.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet
                      c'mon poet. you're overdoing it. your posts make it seem like you're exactly the kinda guy kurt wrote his songs about you being from washington and all.. that's alot of hate man.

Comment

Working...
                      X