Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Martirosyan, Erislandy Lara Fight To Technical Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so, do you guys think vanes or lara have what it takes to beat canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
      No one truly knows because we have never seen him fight anyone in the division that truly belongs to that division or that isn't older than 35, Lara is going to make everyone look bad, as far as beating him the jury stilll out on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
        I'm trying to look out for you man you are embarrassing yourself by making all this over the top biased statements. Vanes Destroyed him excuse me that Parrot landed 10 punches the whole fight and apparently he was the aggressor.
        so youre purely gonna judge every single round of every round based on how many punches are landed according to compubox? you do realize people judge fights not computers, right? and it matters when one guy is being the aggressor and the other is backing up resorting to dirty tactics.. maybe this amateur style worked for him in cuba, but do you wonder why both he and rigondeaux cant get any fights and always end up being in terrible fights.. now Gamboa is a great boxer and knows how to please a crowd... im sorry for a guy who was a 4-1 dog vanes did way more than lara who was a 7-1 favorite

Comment

lara won, vanes pressured but didn't do ish

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
            i think lara wins in a very technical slow fight.. i think based on what i saw tonight, canelo is slower than vanes and Lara will have a field day with him.. Vanes would do great vs canelo, because canelo doesnt run and likes to scrap... i think its a 50/50 fight... i dont think lara is every getting a fight vs canelo... ever.. and neither is vanes, so i think they go their separate ways and find gold elsewhere

Comment

All I know is the Lara fans were saying how he was going to destroy Vanes and mop the floor with him. No such thing happened. He resorted to low blows to slow Vanes down and was going into the Championship rounds with no clear edge. That's not destroying and mopping the floor with him. Far from it. Lara did not do anything in this fight to deserve the hype.

Comment

What a disappointment. I was looking forward to this fight since it was announced.

They talking rematch but I don't see how it happens unless it either goes to purse bid again or GB steps aside.

Comment

lol how did Vanes win any rounds?

He looked completely out classed, he moved forward, threw punches, but missed punches. He landed 3 punches in the 1st round to Lara's 11 yet Lederman gave the round to Vanes?

Comment

I'm a fan of technicians just like I am a fan of brawlers..the thing that really pisses me of about boxing fans is that if they only like technical fighters they can't ever fathom the idea that a brawler can overcome this..I don't care how technical you are if you go in there with a puncher and get whacked it may be the end of the night for you..this is boxing all it takes is a mistake from either fighter for a fight to go off course..with that said Canelo is a puncher..if you can't handle pressure you will lose to him..

Comment

Sounds like Vanes ran his mouth too much and got lucky to have a draw....bum, like I said he was.

Comment

Working...
                      X