Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For ones I agree with Arum on this. "Floyd style is for blocking right hand fighters"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
    By the way, what does "butt hurt" mean? It sounds like something and eight year old would say.
    Butt hurt is when a poster starts insulting other posters personally, instead of just giving his take on the subject at hand.

Comment

Focus on the something else when faced with intelligence, D4th?

Predictable and stupid.

Anyway, as stated, Pacquiao has struggled with counter-punching, been outlanded by it, lost to it. But hey, it's Mayweather that has the problem!
      When you respond to the points I have, made then we can debate, if you ignore them how can we?

The reason why you haven't had a sensible debate on here is you.

Comment

• You made a decent point related to this thread? I must've missed it between the juvenille jibes and the blind devotional posting.

Comment

You made a decent point related to this thread? I must've missed it between the juvenille jibes and the blind devotional posting.
          I rest my case.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            No Cotto playing counter was a good thing, backing up making Floyd come to him was a good thing, he made Floyd miss and hit thin air.

Only a stupid fighter would go into a fight like that with only one style and one game plan.

Cotto also lacks the required stamina.

Cotto could make a rematch closer, and could probably win the fight on most of the fans card's but he does not have enough to win it on the Vegas judges card's.
            Nothing new, but interesting points, nonetheless. I was one of those who were skeptical of applying pressure as the only way for Cotto to give Floyd a competitive fight. I even thought it's one of the worse game plans against a good counter puncher. Cotto beat Margarito because he employed a lot of movements. Floyd is not Marg, I know, but I expected Cotto to do plenty of that in the Floyd fight. It's basically useless. So I would agree now that applying pressure from the very start is the only reasonable game plan against a guy like Floyd. Whatever it takes to get there. If he can't do it in the first five to seven rounds where there are no stamina issues, you just have to accept that victory is not meant for Cotto.

But this is not the topic of this thread. So I'm bowing out....

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Well duh, anybody who knows boxing, knows this.

Why do you think Floyd struggles with someone with a good jab?

Nothing to do with it being a jab, it is down to it coming from the left side.

If Floyd fought the two best southpaws out there now he would get beat, Floyd knows it, so those fights will not happen
              Well said. Floyd is vulnerable coming from the left side.

Comment

• ts getting wrecked

Comment

• Originally posted by Primera View Post
                  Mayweather vs Pacquiao is a mismatch and Arum knows this, that's why they've been ducking the fight for ages. Pacquiao is a wild brawler, mayweather is the tactician/boxer and the tactician beats the wild, out of place brawler. Pacquiao would get dominated.
                  Your downplaying Pac as a brute lol.. He won't be the p4p number 1 if he is just a brawler. He is a thinking boxer in the ring. Who won't get where his at if he is the HULK lol..

Haters will hate

And he goes ts is wrecked lol.. seems like it's your last card.. Must be hard seeing the truth..
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 05-21-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                    That's why I can't see this Pac/May fight happening. Floyd's next excuse would be his offer of $40 million has expired. Just watch. (I'm serious about this. Fight will never happen.) Like I said, pressure overwhelms Floyd. Pacquiao is one of the best pressure fighters in the sport. Cotto would beat Floyd in a rematch. And I stand by that. I could care less about Floyd's butthurt fanboys. Pac fight would have happened a long time ago with ZERO roadblock if Floyd believes Pac is an easy fight.

Well said,

There is no better pressure fighter than Pac.

DLH almost had Floyd with his pressure offence. Guess who was the trainer back then? It's Roach.. Dlh almost had him and a split decision tells the story.

Bring in the best offensive machine known to man and is a southpaw. BAm! We have a winner folks. The Pacman.

Floyd should keep on hiding.. This is his kryptonite.
                    Last edited by Spoon23; 05-21-2012, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Theres beating southpaws like Floyd has done, and then theres beating the greatest southpaw. Theres a little difference if you didnt know?

Floyd isnt ready for Pac yet. More sstudying the dvds and a year long training camp should be enough for floyd.
                      Yup that's the big difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X