No announcement yet.

Cotto a tougher opponent for Floyd...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
    Pac fought Oscar at 147 after little Stevie Forbes broke his eye socket..

Floyd fought Oscar at 154..plus he had a TITLE..

What did he have when Manny fought him??

NOTHING

Shane had a TITLE when Floyd fought him??

What did he have when Manny finally stepped up to fight him??

NOTHING

"Can you make 142"??...Freddy the Roach

Yes Mosley and Oscar were well past their best when Floyd and Pacquiao fought them.

Comment

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
      I wouldn't but you're missing the point, point is Cotto doesn't have any physical strengths over Flody like Oscar this fight will come down to skill and skill for skill Cotto just ain't on Floyd level and that's no knock at Cotto
      Cotto's talents now > Oscar talents then

If you are saying Floyd has improved since then, then you have a point.

But Cotto now is a better fighter a tougher opponent than Oscar back then.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Yes Mosley and Oscar were well past their best when Floyd and Pacquiao fought them.
        Yeah but they were still scoring KO's and wearing titles when Floyd fought 'em...

Comment

You're nuts...

But I'm glad your putting youself out there like that..because it will be fun watching you backtrack and flip flop when Cotto gets brutalized and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
            You're nuts...

But I'm glad your putting youself out there like that..because it will be fun watching you backtrack and flip flop when Cotto gets brutalized and stopped.
            Yeah I don't have to hide my thoughts on the sport like some on here.

Comment

No. Just...no.

If De La Hoya could barely get anything on Mayweather, you think a slower more predictable Cotto would do better?

2007 DLH vs 2012 Cotto would end in Cotto retiring for good.

Comment

Yes I agree with that Cotto is better in that aspect but I think you get what I mean now, Floyd is a true Welter now as for then he wasn't so Oscar had that advantage...Cotto has none.

Comment

just look at the cotto Mayorga fight then look at the oscar mayorga fight..im done..................floyd tko 10

Comment

Oh please...by the time Hoya and Floyd fought, DLH couldn't even be classified as a part-time fighter. He had just one win against Mayorga, since being knocked out by Hopkins. So basically one fight in three years by time him and Floyd tangled up.

Oscar was just bigger. Nothing more, nothing less. By that point, he had a lazy jab, no stamina, slow and was just selling his name to potential GBP partners.

Frankly, its an insult to guys grinding and fighting consistently like Cotto. He may not beat Mayweather, but he's much tougher than anyone Floyd has fought since Castillo. He hasn't had a good fight since then, so I look forward to the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                      just look at the cotto Mayorga fight then look at the oscar mayorga fight..im done..................floyd tko 10
                      Cotto was coming off shoulder surgery and just played with Mayorga, I fail to see how comparing the two is even remotely relevant. Such a troll response

Comment

Working...
                      X