Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider Pacquiao one of the best offensive fighters of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    In other words, boxing isn't for you. SMH
    No, I'm just not a Pacquiao dick rider. Floyd is considered one of the best defensive fighters ever because he shut down the best. He moved and nullified the offense of the greatest fighters. Pac needed catchweights, Pac is not a great body puncher, Pac is not good at cutting off the ring. Is he a great offensive fighter? Yes. One of the best? I'm not convinced. When was the last time he stopped someone? One of the greatest offensive fighters of all time would have stopped a journey man and cherry picked opponent like Jeff Horn with ease.

Comment

Why does everything gotta be "of all time" lol?

Manny was definitely one of the funnest guys to watch fight for me in this last era of boxing largely due to his offensive abilities so of the last era I think he's certainly on the list. Where you or anyone would range him is subjective bs & who really gives a f#ck if he's #1 or #22.

Comment

one of the best fighters of all-time. period

at this guy's peak, his offense was so potent, that the mayweather's were scared for lil floyd's health...tried to force him to take olympic style testing...what a crock

Comment

Hell yeah Pacquiao is.

Speed, power, feints, beautiful combos, angles, being able to land shots from awkward positions.

He didn't KO or stop guys at 147 mostly due to being smaller and fighting at his walk around weight. He carried some of his power up there, but not enough to destroy guys. He still has a decent amount of knockdowns at the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Roy Jones? Que no?
            Was more of a counter puncher.. he rarely came straight at a guy.
            Yes he could destroy guys but not his MO to be an offensive juggernaut

Manny, Tyson, etc coming to destroy

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I think you didn't read my post carefully enough.
              Maybe I didn't lol.

I read it as, in terms of offensive to defensive ratio, Pac was the most offense (meaning he neglected his defense) fighter you've seen. Misunderstanding?

Comment

Yes, he will be considered one of the all-time great offensive fighters, and possesses a great, underrated defense as well. He was a total package in his prime. One of the most electrifying and entertaining fighters of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                  No, I'm just not a Pacquiao dick rider. Floyd is considered one of the best defensive fighters ever because he shut down the best. He moved and nullified the offense of the greatest fighters. Pac needed catchweights, Pac is not a great body puncher, Pac is not good at cutting off the ring. Is he a great offensive fighter? Yes. One of the best? I'm not convinced. When was the last time he stopped someone? One of the greatest offensive fighters of all time would have stopped a journey man and cherry picked opponent like Jeff Horn with ease.
                  this is what kills me about these floyd boys trying to s**t on somebody, when tbe needed every a-side advantage, real and imagined to get points wins on cats like marcos maidana, juan marquez, and ruben guerrero...had to cheat marquez on the scales just to get a points win...

...and what prime, all-time great fighter did floyd do all this shutting down to? Conor McGregor? I'll wait....

Comment

Ofcourse not.

As time has went on people are starting realize what I been saying for years. He just wasnt that good.

Comment

Without a doubt. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't know boxing or is just hating.

Comment

Working...
                      X