Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters with cast iron chins can they go down of head punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters with cast iron chins can they go down of head punches?

Carl froch has always had a great chin but went down of a head punch, so did librado andrade, and adamek i think, is it common?
    Last edited by Joey Giardello; 04-26-2009, 07:24 PM.

It was strange, after all Pascall hit him with harder punches, i don't know what happened.

Comment

Froch said he didn't see it coming.

It only knocked him down, it's not like it dazed him or anything lol.

Comment

Iron chins are starting not to mean anything now...Look at how helpless Margarito's granite chin looked against Mosley. I think chins are judged as 'granite' or 'iron' due to a fighter not fighting powerful guys. Cotto and Williams are powerful boxers against lower class fighters I admit but not enough to crack Margarito's chin. While Mosley's KO ratio is high even against A class opposition. Froch never fought anyone with Taylor's power.

Basically, if you fight someone with actual power, then your chin won't be so invincible.

Just my opinion.

Comment

I think he just didn't see the punch and it caught him in the temple. Honestly though when he got dropped I thought the fight was about to be over. Froch is talented but he needs to keep his hands up

Comment

didn't see it coming.

If you train your self you will notice how different it is taking a punch that you see coming and one that you dont.

It was the same type of knockdown that Jones did to Calzaghe, Cal didn't see it coming, simple as

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
              Froch said he didn't see it coming.

It only knocked him down, it's not like it dazed him or anything lol.
              Did you see the fight?
              He was hurt before he went down, he had that KD coming to him in that round. He ran into a short right hand I thnk that hurt him, Taylor saw it and went after him and knocked him down. I know he won the fight but there;s no need for him to lie after everyone saw him obviously hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                It was strange, after all Pascall hit him with harder punches, i don't know what happened.
                No he didn't, how do you know pascal hits harder then taylor? Are you froch? No, so stop assuming stupid ****. Some of you british fans are nutters, because their was a couple of times Froch looked hurt in the fight, and that is why I say his heart is gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                  Iron chins are starting not to mean anything now...Look at how helpless Margarito's granite chin looked against Mosley. I think chins are judged as 'granite' or 'iron' due to a fighter not fighting powerful guys. Cotto and Williams are powerful boxers against lower class fighters I admit but not enough to crack Margarito's chin. While Mosley's KO ratio is high even against A class opposition. Froch never fought anyone with Taylor's power.

Basically, if you fight someone with actual power, then your chin won't be so invincible.

Just my opinion.
                  I have always thought people dont give mosley's power enough respect the guy puncher's like a mule

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
                    No he didn't, how do you know pascal hits harder then taylor? Are you froch? No, so stop assuming stupid ****. Some of you british fans are nutters, because their was a couple of times Froch looked hurt in the fight, and that is why I say his heart is gold.
                    take it easy man were all just talking boxing, i know what you mean though taylor might punch harder than pascal

Comment

Working...
                    X