No announcement yet.

The Most Resilient fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Resilient fighters

A resilient fighter is one who came back from a career ending injury, from the brink of defeat to win, to come back from a devasting loss, from club fighter to champion, to come back from a long retirement and get back to winning ways, to prove every one wrong and do something no else's thinks you can do.
    For me Vinny Pazienza, Johnny Nelson, Roberto Duran, Librado Andrade, Ray Leanard, Craig Bodzianowski and Feddie Pendelton all come to mind. Who you got put your reason why you think this fighter is resillient
    Last edited by cotto16; 04-21-2009, 09:57 AM.

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
    A resilient fighter is one who came back from a career ending injury, from the brink of defeat to win, to come back from a devasting loss, from club fighter to champion, to come back from a long retirement and get back to winning ways, to prove every one wrong and do something no else's thinks you can do.
    For me Vinny Pazienza, Johnny Nelson, Roberto Duran, Librado Andrade, Ray Leanard, Craig Bodzianowski and Feddie Pendelton all come to mind. Who you got put your reason why you think this fighter is resillient
    Vinny Pazienza immediately comes to mind...
    There's a lot more to... Got me thinkin head on!

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      Vinny Pazienza immediately comes to mind...
      There's a lot more to... Got me thinkin head on!
      He's the man!! Johnny Tapia... What that poor sole went through!!

Comment

Battling Nelson.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr...0329666&sr=1-1

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          He's the man!! Johnny Tapia... What that poor sole went through!!
          Cant believe i forgot johnny tapia

Comment

Duran, got sparked out by Tommy Hearns and some how came back strong.

Foreman, got knocked out by Ali and still came back years later, took massive punches from Holyfield and to this day doesn't show any signs of being punch drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              Duran, got sparked out by Tommy Hearns and some how came back strong.

Foreman, got knocked out by Ali and still came back years later, took massive punches from Holyfield and to this day doesn't show any signs of being punch drunk.
              Yeah at times it amazes me how well some boxers look and how good there sene's are. Foreman is a good example, but George Chuvalo took alot of punishment in career and invlolved in some grulling fights along the way. And is now 71 years years of age, and he may be slowing down. But only a few years ago he was a ESPN Doc, he talked great and look great.

But at times taking to many punchers etc and being invovled in grulling fights can at take it's effect on fighters a prime example would be Bobby Chacon.

Comment

No mentions of Chacon? His wife commits suicide over his refusal to retire (she thought he was finished), and he fights and wins the next night, eventually becoming a champion again.
                Last edited by Miburo; 04-21-2009, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                  No mentions of Chacon? He wife commits suicide over his refusal to retire (she thought he was finished), and he fights and wins the next night, eventually becoming a champion again.
                  Great pick in bobby

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                    No mentions of Chacon? He wife commits suicide over his refusal to retire (she thought he was finished), and he fights and wins the next night, eventually becoming a champion again.
                    Just read up about that. Its a pretty amazing story, i want to see the fight now.

Comment

Working...
                    X