No announcement yet.

Harry Greb Never lost aainst a Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Greb Never lost aainst a Heavyweight

Even the great jack dempsey and his manager didnt want nothing to do with greb after harry had the better of dempsey in a heated sparring encounter.

Tunney was a heavyweight in their last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
      Tunney was a heavyweight in their last fight.
      Yeah tunney was a couple of pounds over lightheavyweight limit, besides toney was a former lightheavy, all there other fights had been at that weight

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
        Even the great jack dempsey and his manager didnt want nothing to do with greb after harry had the better of dempsey in a heated sparring encounter.
        Harry Greb is an ATG also..
        Gene Tunney has always been no10 on my HW list..
        Greb was the only man ever to beat him..
        Always twin him off with Les Darcy... Tragic

Comment

Greb was a great fighter. There's a new book out about him.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr...0329666&sr=1-1

Comment

Originally posted by MarkScott View Post
            Greb was a great fighter. There's a new book out about him.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr...0329666&sr=1-1
            Am thinking of geting the joe gans book, the last 2 books i read they had been wriiten about fighters billy conn and harry greb, but they had far to manny newspaper reports and not enough about the fighter and his personal life
            Last edited by cotto16; 04-21-2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Am think of geting the joe gans book, the last 2 books of fighters i read that have been wriiten about fighters i havent liked, the billy conn and harry greb book had far to manny newespaper reports and not enough about the fighter and his personal life
              don't want to spoil the thread, but have you ever read 'Facing Ali' ? It has been mentioned on here recently.. Knowing me (dumbass lol) it may have been you..
              If not...... Right up ur alley!

Comment

Am think of geting the joe gans book, the last 2 books of fighters i read that have been wriiten about fighters i havent liked, the billy conn and harry greb book had far to manny newespaper reports and not enough about the fighter and his personal life
                Im reading "Barney Ross" right now and if you want a book that talks about a fighters personal life, this is a pretty good one so far. Talks about the murder of his father, his gambling habit, how he grew up, ties to Al Capone, other top fighters from his neighborhood including Jackie Feilds, Kingfish Levinski, etc. His fights with Jimmy McClarnin. Also talks about growing up with and his life long friendship with Jack Ruby (who killed Lee Harvey Oswald). Very good read so far.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                  don't want to spoil the thread, but have you ever read 'Facing Ali' ? It has been mentioned on here recently.. Knowing me (dumbass lol) it may have been you..
                  If not...... Right up ur alley!
                  Yeah faceing ali is a great read

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Im reading "Barney Ross" right now and if you want a book that talks about a fighters personal life, this is a pretty good one so far. Talks about the murder of his father, his gambling habit, how he grew up, ties to Al Capone, other top fighters from his neighborhood including Jackie Feilds, Kingfish Levinski, etc. His fights with Jimmy McClarnin. Also talks about growing up with and his life long friendship with Jack Ruby (who killed Lee Harvey Oswald). Very good read so far.

The barney ross book sounds a great read will have to get it

Comment

Working...
                    X