Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone ever believe Andre Ward wa s on Floyd Mayweather Jr's level or above?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he beat kov so i think he might be a step above floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
      I think he is a level below. Mayweather would school him if they were the same size
      If Mayweather was Ward's size he'd have completely different reflexes, genetics, etc. it's far easier to control a small body than it is a big body, there is a lot of skill in controlling a bigger body and making it do what you want it to.

Comment

Floyd wouldn't allow him to fight on the inside, and if he did... boom straight right, boom uppercut etc. A prime Floyd is way more skilled but yeah he can make it a tough fight, i just think he gets outclassed.
        That's easier said than done, Ward is physically very strong. To me this is a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          I'm not sure. His body had a lot of acne and had a different shape in his last fight when comparing from Kovalev I (were he fought like ****) and Kovalev II.
          Didn’t see the fight

Comment

Ward was on the same level but Floyd had more experience.

Ward had the ability to adjust in a fight just like floyd did

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              Didn’t see the fight
              I was at the fight. I was at both fights. You?

Comment

Floyd was clearly more polished and looked smoother in terms of all-around fundamentals and the ability to showcase his skills. Overall, Ward was clearly stronger and more rugged stylistically.

Comment

I'd say they were on the same level in terms of dominance, but Floyd looked better on the eye test. When it comes to performance, controlling opponents, etc, Floyd did it better.

Comment

May jr retirement net worth = $600,000,000

Andre Ward net worth = $6,500,000

Comment

I think he is a level below. Mayweather would school him if they were the same size
                      This. Although I had Ward 1-2 levels below

Comment

Working...
                      X