Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New next-gen fight night round 6 - features breakdown & wishlist(1,2,3 of 4)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by POETICDRINK2U View Post
    I read that article before and the guy stole it and left parts out. EA said basically they are putting Fight Night on the back burner to work and establish EA UFC first before doing any Fight Night game. This article is 2 years old and the CEO and producers said Fight Night is still part of their lineup but they are working on UFC. You can talk directly to the producers if you want on TWITTER @tallUNLIMITED @TheBrizzo .
    Supposedly they're gonna make a fight night to release in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
      All I really want the most besides more realistic boxing mechanics, is a Promoter Mode. Enabling you to create your own promotional stable of fighters, and I mean literally create your logo, customize your gym, sign boxers to multi-million dollar contracts and book the best PPV cards. You can choose to sim the fights you schedule or play through them all, and they can be created boxers or in-game boxers whatever, but you compete with other AI promoters, and maybe this mode can be expanded online as well would be sick. I can recreate Top Rank or Goldenboy, or choose to create a completely new and unique boxing promotion and compete with them. I can dream....
      That's a great idea!!!

Comment

DAMN, Poetic, you're still active with this. I remember seeing you back in 2009 on the EA forums. I was thehybr1dtheory back then, lost my account after the origin change or EA ID or whatever it was.

I wish EA would just wake the **** up and make a damn FN already. I bought EA UFC to get my fighting fix but it's not the same. FNC is still A BETTER GAME. Hell, even if they make a port to the PS4, I'd buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by POETICDRINK2U View Post
          I read that article before and the guy stole it and left parts out. EA said basically they are putting Fight Night on the back burner to work and establish EA UFC first before doing any Fight Night game. This article is 2 years old and the CEO and producers said Fight Night is still part of their lineup but they are working on UFC. You can talk directly to the producers if you want on TWITTER @tallUNLIMITED @TheBrizzo .
          It looks like Brousseau has confirmed EA are working on a second UFC game, not fight night. I have little confidence that a new fight night game will come out in the near future.

Comment

**** ea for this. canceling my fifa 16 pre order. choosing ufc over boxing smh.

Comment

I don't follow every sport, but in general it seems there are less sports games than in past generations. On 360/PS3 there were quite a few football(soccer) games that weren't that great but I guess they didn't cost too much to make so it made sense to develop and release them. This generation there are only the big 2 mainstream titles but no smaller companies putting anything out. Same problem with boxing, last gen there was a cartoony crappy boxing game (I forget the name) also the Don King game (which wasn't that bad) and of course FN. Even the Wii had some boxing games.

It seems like a smaller company should be able to put out a boxing game without any licenses without it costing too much, but maybe the cost of making current gen games is too expensive for companies or the number of smaller companies has gone down?

Comment

Hopefully the PS4 revival of the market for consoles in Japan encourages japanese developers to finance more games....and maybe the guys who developed the ippo games and boxer's road get a chance at a new console game........a shame the latest ippo game was given to bandai namco to develop a low budget ps3 arcadey boxing game...It's fun but It shouldve been a sim like the previous ones.
                Last edited by -Hyperion-; 09-15-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

rip fight night

Comment

Wow! Rip Boxing on Consoles! Fight night was the best franchise in boxing games!

Thankfully the Ippo Makunouchi game is still developed

Comment

Working...
                    X