Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulation Lakers, NBA 2010 Champions!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
    talagang grabe na talaga competisyon sa Asia, kaya dapat we have to shape up!!

pero dapat tandaan din lang natin na hindi pa nagsisimula ang laro we are already at a disadvantage, talo tayo sa height, so we dont have the luxury of a bad game or an off night ...

kakapanood ko lang MINASAKER ng Lebanon ang Quatar, talo ang Quatar at sa loob lang laro nila walang outside shooting...
    Lebanon 90 Qatar 68

Comment

• Originally posted by Counter Puncher View Post
      Fearless prediction on FIBA Asia 2007:

Champion - Jordan (outright berth for 2008 Olympics)

Even with Iran defeating them in the elims, I still think they are the team to beat. The loss from Iran was out of complacency, and they would surely beat Iran the next time around. They are the most consistent team so far. That's why I said yesterday that our game today with Jordan is the championship game. If we beat Jordan, we would have a good chance to be the champion. But of course, that was wishful thinking...

2nd place - Iran (joins wild card tournament for another Olympics berth)

Iran showed a lot of guts in the "group of death" that's why they topped it. They beat us even when they played badly, and they beat Jordan because they never gave up. Only Lebanon and Qatar can put up with their big men, and can possibly beat them in the semis.

3rd/4th place - Qatar/Lebanon (joins wild card tourney)

These guys are big and athletic, and showed consistency here and in the Jones Cup. They just get better every game and its a scramble b/w them and Iran in the semis.

Notice anything? I think the Middle Eastern teams are starting to dominate Asian basketball (gaining on China team A even). This is because they are tall, bulky, fast, full of hustle, passionate, well coached, brave, and does European style of basketball. Korea & Japan are still strong contenders but they should drop the American style. Kazakshtan will always be a dark horse.

Post Mortem: Sayang talaga, all we needed was to get to the semis and we would have a chance to gain a berth in the wildcard tourney before the Olympics. But our loss to Iran on the very first day in Tokushima erased everything. It was the loss to Iran that did us in, not the loss to Jordan today.
      Based sa team groupings ng quarterfinals, I'd have to adjust my prediction as follows:

Battle for 1st/2nd place - Jordan & Iran

Battle for 3rd/4th place - Korea/Japan & Lebanon

Comment

• Originally posted by Chadmack View Post
        sana Iran ang magchampion tapos 2nd ang Jordan para kahit papano eh may konteng respect na makukuha ang RP for losing to these top 2 teams.... at talagang sa grouping lang tayo natalo if we were grouped with others im sure eh papasok tayo sa quarterfinals....
        That's my prediction, and if ever would be our only consolation.

Comment

sa dami ng sinabi ni Chad, isa lang ibig sabihin. what we need is a comprehensive, long-term amateur basketball PROGRAM that produces a POOL of good TEAMS. Not an all star selection cramming at the last minute!
          ako I am for "basketball team pool" but not necessarily of amateurs, kasi we are hoping to see results as soon as possible, maybe for the asian games, or maybe the qualifier for the world...

if we will take the road of amateurs, it will take longer time to bear fruit, but for sure it will bear fruit, develop an under 19 team that will eventually be our MENs Team ...

Comment

ako I am for "basketball team pool" but not necessarily of amateurs, kasi we are hoping to see results as soon as possible, maybe for the asian games, or maybe the qualifier for the world...

if we will take the road of amateurs, it will take longer time to bear fruit, but for sure it will bear fruit, develop an under 19 team that will eventually be our MENs Team ...
            ako ok din naman ako sa PRO kaso dapat under 22yo sila para mas matagal ang pag gel nila as a team. kung amateurs pala lang kasi eh me chance pang magimprove. unlike yung mga PRO's na above 25 na eh mahirap ng magimprove mga yan. kung baga eh, batakin na while they're young. kasi pag medyo gurang na, mahirap ng magadjust yan at prone na sa injuries.

take china B team, 19yo karaniwan players nila, they werent in the FIBA Asia to win, they are there for the experience and para mag gel din team. cause they are investing in their future basketball olympians in china team B eh.

Comment

• Latest result:

Kazaks 93 Japan 85

tsk tsk tsk bilog talaga bola.

Comment

• ang pinakamahalaga ngayon ay

magpopost si ace ng hubad na pix nung chickababe na malaki boobs sa sig nya

Comment

When I mentioned amateur basketball PROGRAM, I didn't necessarily mean amateur players. We could involve both amateurs & pros in the said PROGRAM, which should be designed towards mastery of international (or amateur) style of team play and rules. The program could include development of amateur players at their early years and adaption of FIBA rules in the pro-league. By doing this, among other things, we master the international environment at home, so our focus will just be skills development and selection of the best players. And yes, it will take time, because we will be starting from scratch, really, and we have not started yet, really.

Comment

Based sa team groupings ng quarterfinals, I'd have to adjust my prediction as follows:

Battle for 1st/2nd place - Jordan & Iran

Battle for 3rd/4th place - Korea/Japan & Lebanon
                    WIth the loss of Japan and the way the group standing s are turning out to be, another revision:

Semis: Jordan vs Iran; Korea vs. Lebanon

Finals: Jordan vs Lebanon

Battle for 3rd: Iran vs. Korea

Kung lilimiin, dahil tinalo na natin ang Lebanon dati, tayo dapat ang nasa finals kung wala tayo sa Group of Death. Indeed, our knockout prelim match vs Jordan is turning out to be the "pre-empted" championship game. malas lang siguro talaga!

Comment

• putris! akalain mo, umabot din ng 500 posts (at 4000+ views)'tong sinulid ko in less than a month? iba na talaga pag controversial ang topic! he hehe

Comment

Working...
                      X