No announcement yet.

Kovalev wishes Adonis Stevenson well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev wishes Adonis Stevenson well

I was hoping Kovalev would express his sympathy for Stevenson ever since Adonis was hospitalized. I'm glad he said something.

https://youtu.be/O8xFnnUlaik

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
    I was hoping Kovalev would express his sympathy for Stevenson ever since Adonis was hospitalized. I'm glad he said something.

https://youtu.be/O8xFnnUlaik
    Glad to see this and good post.

Comment

Kudos to Kov for this!

Comment

Of course he did. Kovalev is a good fighter and he was a good champion and may be champion again soon. He is also a good person.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
          Glad to see this and good post.

Thanks man.

I was happy to see Kovalev showing class and empathy. I've been a Stevenson antagonist and a Kovalev supporter these last few years but it's really sad to see what's happened to Adonis. It's important to me that a fighter has empathy, class and humaneness. Maybe I'm a bit too sensitive over Stevenson's situation but I really wanted to know that Kovalev isn't a heartless killer. Don't get me wrong though. I love fighters that are heartless beasts inside the ring but when they're out of the ring I prefer that they're decent human beings that have empathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
            Thanks man.

I was happy to see Kovalev showing class and empathy. I've been a Stevenson antagonist and a Kovalev supporter these last few years but it's really sad to see what's happened to Adonis. It's important to me that a fighter has empathy, class and humaneness. Maybe I'm a bit too sensitive over Stevenson's situation but I really wanted to know that Kovalev isn't a heartless killer. Don't get me wrong though. I love fighters that are heartless beasts inside the ring but when they're out of the ring I prefer that they're decent human beings that have empathy.
            I hear you, man.

I remember reading how Roberto Duran went and embraced his old rival Esteban DeJesus when DeJesus was dying of AIDS. And he got very close to him despite the AIDS stygma at the time. And Duran was like that. Pretty nice guy with most outside the ring but just a terminator in the ring. Haha. One time in his forties he fought a guy named Terry Thomas and flattened his nose. Was brutal. But I could tell he took it easy on him after, hoping they would stop it which they did. And then there was Emanuel Augustus in his fight against Ray Olivera. Olivera had a pinched nerve in his neck I think and clearly it was bothering him bad. Augustus kept fighting but he mainly threw to the body and backed off a lot until the round ended. He knew he had the win anyway and didn't want to hurt Olivera. At the end of the day, it's best to be professional. Even like when Canelo knocked out Khan but checked up on him before celebrating. It's just what you do. Great post!

Comment

Shoulda said "wake his ass up, we gotta fight this summer!"

Comment

Damn shame this fight never happened

Comment

I hear you, man.

I remember reading how Roberto Duran went and embraced his old rival Esteban DeJesus when DeJesus was dying of AIDS. And he got very close to him despite the AIDS stygma at the time. And Duran was like that. Pretty nice guy with most outside the ring but just a terminator in the ring. Haha. One time in his forties he fought a guy named Terry Thomas and flattened his nose. Was brutal. But I could tell he took it easy on him after, hoping they would stop it which they did. And then there was Emanuel Augustus in his fight against Ray Olivera. Olivera had a pinched nerve in his neck I think and clearly it was bothering him bad. Augustus kept fighting but he mainly threw to the body and backed off a lot until the round ended. He knew he had the win anyway and didn't want to hurt Olivera. At the end of the day, it's best to be professional. Even like when Canelo knocked out Khan but checked up on him before celebrating. It's just what you do. Great post!
                  I remember the Augustus/ Olivera fight now that you mentioned it. Augustus knew he had that fight won but like you said, he was aware that Olivera was hurt, so he threw punches to Olivera's body only. That's an excellent example of good sportsmanship and empathy.

Duran was such a beast that he was almost scary. It's good to know that he had a heart outside of the ring.

Comment

I hear you, man.

I remember reading how Roberto Duran went and embraced his old rival Esteban DeJesus when DeJesus was dying of AIDS. And he got very close to him despite the AIDS stygma at the time. And Duran was like that. Pretty nice guy with most outside the ring but just a terminator in the ring.

Heavy stuff man. When I think of their rivalry, I was always think of this picture.

Comment

Working...
                    X