Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Has 2-3 Years Left, I'd Like 5 or 6 Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    He's not. Its not about business its about making sense. Froch and Chavez Jr would have been big, meaningful fights that would have paid GGG alot. They were the A-sides in those fights so if GGG wanted the fight he would have had to move up. Andre Ward was a meaningful fight but it wasn't going to be a big fight. Well not as big as fights with Froch, JCC Jr or Canelo. But in that case, because of Ward's unpopularity and extended periods of inactivity he was not the A-side.

Furthermore, if Ward was willing to go to 164 he would have had the chance to fight GGG. If Ward was willing to stay at 168 and keep busy with the talented fighters at the division at the time maybe the fight could have happened when negotiations with Canelo broke down. But he moved up.

As if Alexander Brand was a f**king monster. At least Wade was a mandatory. GGG had to fight him to keep his belt. Ward chose to fight Brand.
    He didn't fight Ward because Ward was a better fighter! He only asked Ward for 164, because he knew Ward wasn't going to do it! Ward fought Bland to get used to 175, and he did go on to face THE BEST @ 175, not once, but twice! Meanwhile GGG waited patiently for that Canelo check! He chose the money, over the legacy! Canelo has never been ranked above Ward, while Ward was at 168, if ever!

GGG is only considering going to 168, because Canelo made the move first! His whole legacy is tied to Canelo, while Canelo's legacy goes far beyond GGG!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Yeah, yeah, yeah .. Canelo beat GGG to within an inch of his life .. in a fight that most impartial observers thought Golovkin won, just like the first time.

This is why US boxing has become more corrupt than anywhere else on earth .. because promoters know a large percentage of US fans will accept and even celebrate a corrupt decision .. as long as the A side gets the W.
      Exactly

I dont see how these people try to tell us over and over that canelo won the first golovkin fight or deserved a draw and was doing so great when he wasnt, it was close ish but that was a gift. Another horrible scorecard in that one too. Rewatched it recently and no way canelo deserved anything from that fight.

Now the jacobs golovkin fight was really close and thats clear, and maybe the KD was the difference in that one it was so tight.

As for the second nelo fight, yeah i could see canelo getting the win in that one even tho i scored it a draw. Canelo was great that night but so was golovkin, it was a great fight by both of them really.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        Seriously people are never going to STFU about that fight. Regardless of how unrealistic it was to coming to fruition. Ward by his own admission struggled to make 172 for smith. Also comparing Canelo moving up to fight Fielding (LMFAO) to Golovkin fighting Ward is hilarious..seriously hilarious.

when you fangirls dishonestly insist that Ward could not make 168..... despite the fact that you wouldn't have a clue..... and despite the fact that an experienced pro like Ward said that he could.....

..... you make that 164 demand look MUCH worse

ever consider that ?

you excuse-makers need to use the same excuse that lil'G used..... not one that makes him look worse

lil'G never used the "I just decided that Ward cannot make 168", excuse..... he used the "I want you to weigh 164", excuse

you guys need to get your excuses straight

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Ward would've made weight for that GGG check, but he definitely couldn't make 164, which is why Abel Sanchez wanted a catch-weight, ONLY FOR WARD, but not Froch or Chavez Jr.! Anyway, it's in the books, champ at 168 and 175! GGG missed an opportunity to be great!

that is exactly right

they should simply STFU about Ward

lil'G had just as many chances to fight Ward as he had to fight Saunders

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Yeah, yeah, yeah .. Canelo beat GGG to within an inch of his life .. in a fight that most impartial observers thought Golovkin won, just like the first time.

This is why US boxing has become more corrupt than anywhere else on earth .. because promoters know a large percentage of US fans will accept and even celebrate a corrupt decision .. as long as the A side gets the W.

did that excuse remove the lumps from Golovkin's face?

and did that excuse erase the images of Canelo backing up Golovkin, beating him to the punch, and beating him up?

and did that excuse erase Sanchez words after the fight..... when he stated that he wanted Golovkin to do more, that he wanted to fight Canelo instead of backing up?

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
              He's not. Its not about business its about what makes sense and what's fair. Froch and JCC Jr were the big draws. Why should they make concessions in weight to GGG if GGG really wants the fight? In the case of Ward/GGG it was GGG that was the draw. Ward wasn't a big draw even when he wasn't as chronically inactive as he was during this time period. So if he wanted the fight he needed to concede on weight.

If he really wanted the fight he could have just stayed at 168 and kept busy in order to keep a potential fight with GGG alive. He chose not to. Look at the GGG/Canelo situation. As the mandatory for Canelo's belt GGG did not feel he needed to concede on weight. He was going to get his shot regardless and thought Canelo wouldn't want to look like a coward by giving up the belt. Canelo proved him wrong. While GGG got his belt he didn't get his fight. But what did he do. He stuck around. He kept fighting at 160 in the hopes that Canelo will eventually make it back up to 160. And eventually Canelo did move up and GGG fought him 2x for big money.

Andre Ward did not want to concede on weight. He also didn't stick around at 168. He moved up to light heavyweight and permanently killed the fight.

As if Alexander Brand was a f**king monster. At least Wade was a mandatory. GGG had to fight him to keep his belt. Ward chose to fight Brand.

sit down you ignorant fcukboy

Ward attempted to make that fight TWICE !!

June 2015..... " 164, or no fight ".....

Ward wants to fight Golovkin, and he wants to fight next, but it won’t happen at 164-pounds. By accepting 168 with Carl Froch and Chavez Jr., but then demanding 164 with Ward – it’s their way of saying, ‘we don’t want to fight Andre Ward,” the source revealed to Boxing Scene.

Sep 2015..... " GGG's Team Turned Down Ward in 36 Minutes ".....

"The only way you respond in 36 minutes is if you had no intention of ever fighting this guy. That's what 36 minutes tells you. Because if they did had a desire to fight Andre, and get in there with one of the best fighters in the world, they would have responded with 'thank you for your offer, we're going to discuss this with our fighter and get back to you.' That's typically how it's done. You don't respond in 36 minutes."

demanding a weight you know will kill the fight..... and refusing that fight in 36 minutes flat..... is ducking Andre Ward, just like it says here.....

Golovkin & Ward: Who Is Ducking Who?
              "Whatever you think of Golovkin the fighter, there is a serious mismatch here between his team’s words and their deeds, whereas judging Ward by his upcoming test next weekend, the reverse is true."
              https://www.thefightcity.com/golovki...ovalev-boxing/
              Last edited by aboutfkntime; 12-10-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

the prospect of watching yet another shltty Golovkin mismatch...

and the prospect of listening to the shltty excuses from his fangirls, like in this thread...

... is why I don't give a fcuk if Hypekin retires tomorrow

having achieved next-to-nothing LMAO

good riddance

and who are you girls kidding..... do you really think that Hypekin is moving to 168?

really ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                  Canelo is just better. Not by a LOT, but hes better.

When people say bbbbut, GGG won fight #1. He didn't - it was a draw. Of the 1 judge that had it for GGG it was 115-113...getting a draw from 7-5 is not outrageous.

Personally I had it 7-5 or 8-4 in fight 1 and 7-5 in fight 2 (Canelo fought too much like Gennady wanted in 2nd fight and took more punches).
                  I think when people say Golovkin won the first fight they know the official scorecards. Which many people do not care about any more because of the utter corruption in the sport. So yes, when I say Golovkin won the first fight I realize that is my opinion. One that is shared by the overwhelming majority of people who watched that fight from what I've gathered.

By the time they fight again, if they do, Canelo might very well be better. Time is on his side. I don't think he was better in fight one or fight two, though the draw in fight two was more justifiable IMO. I didn't have it that way but again much more reasonable than the first fight IMO.

I don't know what Golovkin's mindset is anymore. To me it feels like he has lost that fire. Maybe I mistaken but if that is the case the ring is no place one should be if they don't have that mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    If you had ggg 9 rounds to 3 then your a Byrd Jr. And I dont think you know sht about scoring boxing fights. What 3 rounds did you GIFT Canelo??? I can use a good laugh.
                    By 3 rds means 7 to 4 with 1 even, not 9-3. 9-3 means by 6 rds.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      did that excuse remove the lumps from Golovkin's face?

and did that excuse erase the images of Canelo backing up Golovkin, beating him to the punch, and beating him up?

and did that excuse erase Sanchez words after the fight..... when he stated that he wanted Golovkin to do more, that he wanted to fight Canelo instead of backing up?
                      14 body punches and what??? Like 1300 total missed punches??? Im sorry but that sht is the most 1 dimensional fighter ive ever seen try and say they won. Why do you think almost EVERY fighter said Canelo won?? He RAN out the ring CRYING.
                      His OWN trainer fkn said Canelo won.

IMO Canelo is gonna hurt him in a 3rd fight. Dougie Fisch who LOVES GGG amd Breadman both think the same thing.

I mean look how GGG looked woth Canelo missing a whole year??? Now he's fighting a giant to work on some new sht..

Comment

Working...
                      X