Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Worst Decision Since First Lewis-Holyfield Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    Oh so it’s based on what you preferred now. Ref can override whatever’s going on in the ring. Hell they can even make nut shots legal and call it KO. Ref saw how good the KD was and made sure if it’s the right thing to let the fight continue. Had fury been on stanky legs, in those 3-5 seconds it would have been ruled out a TKO. What’s so hard to understand about that?
    Their job is to protect the fighters in the first place. Had it been better if the fight was immediately stopped even if Fury was completely okay? NO.
    Had it been better if someone was hospitalized because ref didn’t make sure they’re fit to continue? NO.
    That was a hell of a KD and we’re all surprised Fury even went up.

And please do tell us more about recovering from wilder’s power punch.
    so you're saying some fighters should be given more time to recuperate from knock downs than others? You essentially said that because wilder is a big puncher, he should be penalized by allowing his opponents more time to recover and give the referee more time to assess the severity of the knock down. That's ridiculous. If the ref can't assess after a 9 count, asking the fighter if he's ok and then asking for his gloves, whether or not he's ok, then there's a problem. You have no valid argument. Fury was given extra time to recuperate, end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
      so you're saying some fighters should be given more time to recuperate from knock downs than others? You essentially said that because wilder is a big puncher, he should be penalized by allowing his opponents more time to recover and give the referee more time to assess the severity of the knock down. That's ridiculous. If the ref can't assess after a 9 count, asking the fighter if he's ok and then asking for his gloves, whether or not he's ok, then there's a problem. You have no valid argument. Fury was given extra time to recuperate, end of story.
      Lol which KD’s are you really referring to???? And from which fighters??? Have we seen many versions of this where it didn’t go the way you liked???
      Have we seen a lot of brutal KD’s were dudes beat the count and were extremely quick on their feet but ended up getting stopped??
      Was it so wrong because he made him walked for 3 seconds to make sure?? That if the KD was so devastating those wouldn’t have mattered?? People like you are the same people who’d be crying if someone got hospitalized because the ref made it continue after that brutal KD. Lol. People like you are the same people who are crying because of early stoppages and all. But when the ref does the right thing it’s so bad eventhough Fury was already collected the moment he got up. Lol

Khan-Garcia was an example and bayless, out of all refs for ffs was giving him more or less the same amount of time to prove he’s okay and it wasn’t even as bad as the KD we saw last night.

Was the 3 seconds so damn wrong for you? For those reasons?
      To ensure safety. To ensure it’s not gonna be a premature stoppage. To ensure it’s right to let it continue?

Oh please we’ve seen worse and that one doesn’t even qualify unless you have an agenda.

Comment

I can still remember wilder was given an extra 21 seconds after the 1 min break of the ortiz fight when he was out on his feet. Why couldnt the ref and dr check invetween the round. The new round came and he called timeout and gave him extra time to recover vs ortiz.

Timeout squadddddd got out boxed by fury . Dude won 3 total rounds .2 of them had knockdowns .fury out boxed him every other round clearly. This boxing not fighting.

Even mayweather said fury clearly outboxed and beat wilder. Imagine sitting with mayweather telling him he is wrong and you know more about boxing

Comment

Lol which KD’s are you really referring to???? And from which fighters??? Have we seen many versions of this where it didn’t go the way you liked???
          Have we seen a lot of brutal KD’s were dudes beat the count and were extremely quick on their feet but ended up getting stopped??
          Was it so wrong because he made him walked for 3 seconds to make sure?? That if the KD was so devastating those wouldn’t have mattered?? People like you are the same people who’d be crying if someone got hospitalized because the ref made it continue after that brutal KD. Lol. People like you are the same people who are crying because of early stoppages and all. But when the ref does the right thing it’s so bad eventhough Fury was already collected the moment he got up. Lol

Khan-Garcia was an example and bayless, out of all refs for ffs was giving him more or less the same amount of time to prove he’s okay and it wasn’t even as bad as the KD we saw last night.

Was the 3 seconds so damn wrong for you? For those reasons?
          To ensure safety. To ensure it’s not gonna be a premature stoppage. To ensure it’s right to let it continue?

Oh please we’ve seen worse and that one doesn’t even qualify unless you have an agenda.
          you're the one with the agenda. You're obviously a sensitive fan who can't acknowledge that fury was given more time that usual, and asking a fighter to take a walk to and from a corner is not a common occurrence. I think fury won the fight and give him credit for even standing up from that knock down. But he was clearly given some extra time. You pretending that it's insignificant shows either boxing ignorance or bias. Your pick.

Comment

you're the one with the agenda. You're obviously a sensitive fan who can't acknowledge that fury was given more time that usual, and asking a fighter to take a walk to and from a corner is not a common occurrence. I think fury won the fight and give him credit for even standing up from that knock down. But he was clearly given some extra time. You pretending that it's insignificant shows either boxing ignorance or bias. Your pick.
            You pretending it’s so out of this world and is beyond logical to do so is even more stupid.
            Like the ref just did it out of sheer nonsense which cost Wilder the fight or something, or the main reason it was a draw or saved fury from total annhilation which it was none of it.
            What can we say people always look for something to cry for, no matter how irrelevant it is to the much bigger picture.

I rooted for fury, as i like underdogs, but I preferred for it to be a draw beforehand — but nothing like this, as I also wanted Wilder to faced Aj while still having his 0.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
              worst decision since drunken master got robbed by Courtney burton. heart goes out to those who wagered ;(

Now wait just one God damn minute here. Wilder vs fury was a classic boxer vs puncher fight that was a draw due to the power of the puncher. Burton vs the drunken master was a absolute disgrace to boxing. No comparison here

Comment

You pretending it’s so out of this world and is beyond logical to do so is even more stupid.
                Like the ref just did it out of sheer nonsense which cost Wilder the fight or something, or the main reason it was a draw or saved fury from total annhilation which it was none of it.
                What can we say people always look for something to cry for, no matter how irrelevant it is to the much bigger picture.

I rooted for fury, as i like underdogs, but I preferred for it to be a draw beforehand — but nothing like this, as I also wanted Wilder to faced Aj while still having his 0.
                I merely made an observation that he was given more time than the norm. I also stated that fury won the fight and won about 9 rounds. So Ofcourse that doesn't fit your agenda to label me as a crying wilder fan so read what you want. Fury was given extra time after that knock down. It's not even debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                  I can still remember wilder was given an extra 21 seconds after the 1 min break of the ortiz fight when he was out on his feet. Why couldnt the ref and dr check invetween the round. The new round came and he called timeout and gave him extra time to recover vs ortiz.

Timeout squadddddd got out boxed by fury . Dude won 3 total rounds .2 of them had knockdowns .fury out boxed him every other round clearly. This boxing not fighting.

Even mayweather said fury clearly outboxed and beat wilder. Imagine sitting with mayweather telling him he is wrong and you know more about boxing
                  yeah, if you bothered to read any of my posts, I clearly said that fury deserved the win. He probably won 9 rounds..if not 10. But he was also given extra time to recuperate after he was dropped. Not sure why it's so hard for some boxing fans to be objective. Maybe pretend being an actual boxing fan and display a little less of those female emotions. Try and judge things based on how they actually happened. And what happened is fury was given some extra time when he was badly hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunitsmith View Post
                    The luster is off the Joshua fight now. Most boxing fans know Wilder lost to Fury. If they do fight, Joshua won't leave it in the judges hands. If only Fury had a little more power.....
                    Fury with a little more power will be a disaster to other HW's.
                    You can't have it all.

Comment

Every referee is different. Jack Reiss is always one to check a fighter out carefully. Just look at the GGG vs Monroe fight. Every time Monroe got up Reiss always asked him a couple questions and looked for the correct response.

On top of that, when Fury got up in the 12th at the count of 9, he went from being prone to on his feet quickly and he stood up on sturdy legs. Jack still got him to walk to make sure he was ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X