Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should people on welfare after a certain time have their voting right revoked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    I am not talking about people with health issues. I am talking about normal people who are lazy bums, who simply enjoy the system and get paid to not do ****.

If someone is on welfare for example over 8 months or a year, because that is their way of life, they should have no right to vote.

Because their vote will be totally biased towards the party that will tax the rich more to keep paying their bum ass welfare. They don’t contribute to society nor pay taxes, so **** their vote.
    I don't think people are lazy, whether they're on welfare or not; certain people have just lost their way. It could be due to very significant reasons, and addressing those should be the correct path, rather than punishment.

It's rather tiring to see poor people being used as whipping boys.

Comment

I think only taxpayers should be voting.

By that, I mean people net paying taxes.

Everyone technically pays taxes, even welfare leeches, via Sales Taxes.

But leeches get more benefits than they pay in Sales Taxes.

Those people don't need to be voting.

Comment

Stob being a snob little cvnt.

If someone works full time, pays taxes, provide for their family, they do their part for society and should vote.

Lazy bums who leech off the system should have zero rights to vote.
        As if he has a degree anyway lol.

Comment

Welfare leechers don’t vote? Are you serious?
          They probably have a very low turnout rate.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            I think only taxpayers should be voting.

By that, I mean people net paying taxes.

Everyone technically pays taxes, even welfare leeches, via Sales Taxes.

But leeches get more benefits than they pay in Sales Taxes.

Those people don't need to be voting.
            I agree. People who pay federal and/or state taxes should only be the ones able to vote. They are contributors to society and should have a say in how their tax money is used by the government.

That's just common sense, unfortunately in this crazy world there isn't that much common sense anymore.

Comment

Mofo's seem to have forgotten why America itself exists, its' called the land of the free for a reason and built on democracy and has always been built to greater heights on the backs of immigrants legal or otherwise, any suggestion or mere attempt at rewriting that or stifling any of those values makes you a communist and rightfully so. When you pledge allegiance you aren't just doing so out of need you do so because it represents every one of the citizens of your nation, not just the ones you like. Voter suppression is a disgusting suggestion and only one made by those who want their party to have no competition at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
                I agree. People who pay federal and/or state taxes should only be the ones able to vote. They are contributors to society and should have a say in how their tax money is used by the government.

That's just common sense, unfortunately in this crazy world there isn't that much common sense anymore.
                So....interesting you say that..so that means that illegal undocumented workers for example the ones who work the orange fields of Florida should be entitled to voting rights since they do have to pay taxes, in fact it's taken out of their checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  I think anyone without a 4-year degree shouldn't be allowed to vote.
                  That is just bs. You believe that being educated by this system is proper? Some people just have a different path that does not include a secondary education. You should not be allowed to vote because you have been brain washed, and you had to pay them to brain wash you...….Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    That is just bs. You believe that being educated by this system is proper? Some people just have a different path that does not include a secondary education. You should not be allowed to vote because you have been brain washed, and you had to pay them to brain wash you...….Rockin'
                    Sounds like someone doesn't have a college degree

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      So....interesting you say that..so that means that illegal undocumented workers for example the ones who work the orange fields of Florida should be entitled to voting rights since they do have to pay taxes, in fact it's taken out of their checks.
                      Are they citizens of the US? No. Case closed.

As for them paying taxes that's very debatable, there are reports that they work under the table to avoid that.

What I do know is that they use welfare and social services that should be for citizens. Now that has been documented. But that's a different discussion.

Comment

Working...
                      X