Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would 1-0 Joe Joyce Be 38-0 Deontay Wilder's Hardest Fight To Date?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would 1-0 Joe Joyce Be 38-0 Deontay Wilder's Hardest Fight To Date?

Many would say that at this point in time, Dillian Whyte would be the best opponent Wilder has ever faced to date but it's unclear whether Wilder is avoiding the Whyte fight, in which he'd be guaranteed the most amount of money he ever earned in the ring. Maybe he's tactically avoiding the Whyte fight due to the stylistic challenge he presents, similar to how Floyd repeatedly avoided Khan and instead fought lesser fighters whom Khan had already thoroughly beaten, such as Maidana.

Based on his pro debut against Lewison, who he managed to stop even quicker than Dillian Whyte, if Wilder was to face Joe Joyce, and bearing in mind a somewhat unimpressive opponent list date, would Joyce actually prove to be Wilder's best opponent? Is there even a possibility that Joyce could actually defeat Wilder in just his second pro fight? Or, would Wilder easily deal with Joyce and burst the hype balloon before it was even fully inflated?

Stiverne >

Comment

I've been thinking of a scenario where Deontay Wilder bashes a few Brits to build up the Anthony Joshua fight. Done right, it could go on to smash 100,000 spectators. The names that come to mind are Dillian Whyte and the winner of Tony Bellew vs. David Haye II. Outside of that there isn't anyone with the right profile. Daniel Dubois and Joe Joyce look the real deal but they both need time to get their names out there. I do think Joe Joyce could make a fight of it for a few rounds but the lack of experience and Wilder's power you'd expect to do for him. Another name is Hughie Fury, but the Fury's are like the nWo in WCW so Wilder would get over as a face by beating them. He'd need to be built as the Boogeyman of British Boxing.

Comment

LOOL it might be you know!

I think Joyce would put a beating on guys like Molina, Wilder's 3rd best opponent.

It's a joke that Wilder would turn down by far his biggest money fight to date against an opponent Americans don tseem to rate lol

Comment

Give or take a few more fights but hes slow as hell . Maybe the slowest HW ive seen ???????? Im not sure he matches well against Wilder . I believe Stiverne was right about the Robo Cop comparison . Hes definitely going to need a chin to walk through punches to land one of thos heavy handed shots ,hes raw as hell ,slow as hell but hes got basics and seems vey focused maybe the guy has a CPU computer chip inside him ?

Comment

Joyce looked more amateur-ish than I expected for a guy they are talking about fast tracking. And obviously they started off tougher cuz I'd be hard pressed to name a HW with a resume who had a tougher first fight than Joyce in recent years. So it's a weird thing to even compare cuz Joyce would be like 40 by the time he'd had gotten to Stiverne and sh^t man with Joyce's resume maybe Wilder is 0-1 cuz he didn't fight a guy on par or better than Lewison for a long ass time.

Comment

Nope. Wilder would go to town on old Robo Joe.

Comment

At this point in his career Joyce has the same potential as David Price.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  At this point in his career Joyce has the same potential as David Price.
                  We've already seen Joyce do eight rounds at a good clip with an opponent trying to knock him out. I like Dubois and hope he's the real deal, but he would be a better Price analogue right now

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    LOOL it might be you know!

I think Joyce would put a beating on guys like Molina, Wilder's 3rd best opponent.

It's a joke that Wilder would turn down by far his biggest money fight to date against an opponent Americans don tseem to rate lol
                    Stay in your lane Pochahantas..you mofos don't have any fighters in any division.

Comment

Working...
                    X