Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When done right boxing can be an art, sorry i post about him alot,but he is an artist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    you obviously just started watching floyd when he was 35

you do realize like 35/49 fights are at 140 and below right
    watch the man in his prime

so about Loma's that ability to fight off the ropes and abilty to fight inside with great defense...he hasnt shown this wrinkle in his game

i answered the question

this is what loma can add to his game, standing his ground, countering in close range and off the ropes

fighting a rough world class guy on the inside
    Sorry, but nothing about these highlights make me think of the GOAT fighter. Not only is he fighting some b class type fighters, but he doesn't even look mega spectacular doing it. If you put a prime Duran in there with him, his above average offense would get torn apart. Just keeping it real. A lot of posters in here seem to think this guy is the GOAT, when in actuality, I don't see this out of this world talent you guys are seeing.

Comment

• Well since this thread is still on the main page......

^^^ Boxing Legends TV is the best channel for boxing highlights imo, makes real good videos in good quality. This is the best highlight vid of Mayweather i've seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
        Sorry, but nothing about these highlights make me think of the GOAT fighter. Not only is he fighting some b class type fighters, but he doesn't even look mega spectacular doing it. If you put a prime Duran in there with him, his above average offense would get torn apart. Just keeping it real. A lot of posters in here seem to think this guy is the GOAT, when in actuality, I don't see this out of this world talent you guys are seeing.
        Who said he was the goat

Someone asked what could he do well that loma can't.... I showed you....fight inside n off the ropes vs rugged guys n stop them

Comment

you obviously just started watching floyd when he was 35

you do realize like 35/49 fights are at 140 and below right
          watch the man in his prime

so about Loma's that ability to fight off the ropes and abilty to fight inside with great defense...he hasnt shown this wrinkle in his game

i answered the question

this is what loma can add to his game, standing his ground, countering in close range and off the ropes

fighting a rough world class guy on the inside
          So you're saying mayweather wasn't in his prime at 35 yrs old? But then you make a thread saying ggg at 35 yrs old isn't slipping, and was exposed by jacobs as being overhyped. I know, i know...you're the unbiased guy that "tells it like it is" doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            So you're saying mayweather wasn't in his prime at 35 yrs old? But then you make a thread saying ggg at 35 yrs old isn't slipping, and was exposed by jacobs as being overhyped. I know, i know...you're the unbiased guy that "tells it like it is" doe.
            news flash every fighters prime is at different times and has nothing to do with age

while GGG has made a career of fighting no names, welterweights and never wases

floyd was fighting world champions and hall of famers from 1998-2015...across FIVE DIVISIONS...That affects a fighters style and effectiveness fighting bigger men...GGG hasnt even moved up or fought many top guys in a career pushing 12 years...pretty pathetic the level of opposition he has faced considering his media hype...dont you think

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              The ability to beat bigger men who outweigh him. His footwork. His ability to fight at a distance with his long arms.

Now I asked you questions. Can you answer them?
              You and pugilistic are grasping at straws I see, so lomachenko has no footwork your saying in the post above, do you know he went up in weight for Walters, the pugilist said fight off the ropes,that's floyds stupid fault for walking himself onto the ropes in the first place, the skill is in not being worked onto the ropes, think of where maidana won his rounds, on the ropes, you guys can't be serious

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                You and pugilistic are grasping at straws I see, so lomachenko has no footwork your saying in the post above, do you know he went up in weight for Walters, the pugilist said fight off the ropes,that's floyds stupid fault for walking himself onto the ropes in the first place, the skill is in not being worked onto the ropes, think of where maidana won his rounds, on the ropes, you guys can't be serious
                Huh? I said nothing of the sort and there is no way possible you could interpret my post to suggest I think loma has no footwork.

No he didn't he fought at 130 before.

Loma has only had 9 fights. When he fights more he will be on the ropes and then we can determine if he has that skill.

Please answer my questions.

Comment

news flash every fighters prime is at different times and has nothing to do with age

while GGG has made a career of fighting no names, welterweights and never wases

floyd was fighting world champions and hall of famers from 1998-2015...across FIVE DIVISIONS...That affects a fighters style and effectiveness fighting bigger men...GGG hasnt even moved up or fought many top guys in a career pushing 12 years...pretty pathetic the level of opposition he has faced considering his media hype...dont you think
                  Age is age...a 35 yr old is not at their physical peak no matter how you want to slice it. Be consistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    The ability to beat bigger men who outweigh him. His footwork. His ability to fight at a distance with his long arms.

Now I asked you questions. Can you answer them?
                    That's funny, you said footwork here, please explain

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      Age is age...a 35 yr old is not at their physical peak no matter how you want to slice it. Be consistent.
                      boxing is more than age fool

some fighters are more complete and better at an advanced age

you can always add to your tool shed and sharpen skills

prime is has a lot more variables than physicality and athleticism

smdh...you're trying too hard to play devil's advocate

im always consistent

try to keep up

Comment

Working...
                      X