Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Froch vs Groves II Master Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewatched this again last night for the first time since being there live. First of all, the English commentary, wow Jim Watt can be bad, but Jesus Christ almighty he was laughable. He didn't recognise anything Groves was doing at all, was pretty shocking to say the least. His scoring of the fight was hilarious.

As for the fight, being there I felt it was fairly close, nip and tuck with Groves just edging it. But after watching it I was surprised at how wide it actually was, Groves was out boxing Carl for large proportions of the fight, his jab was quicker and sharper and his right hand was finding a home more frequently than I thought. Froch didn't have any success at all in the fight until the 5th round, the first 4 rounds Groves won without really forcing the fight. I gave Froch the 5th and 6th and Groves the 7th and was winning the 8th before being hit by an absolute Hail Mary of a punch.

Good fight, better boxing match than the first. Groves ovbiously has bags of ability but he is chinny which will stop him from becoming as good as he could be. He"ll win a world title, but I don't think he"ll be a great champion. Froch fair play to the guy he keeps on proving me wrong, but I do maintain that if he carries on fighting, he will get brutally knocked out by someone before his career is over.

Comment

• lol @ posters picking Froch to win by KO after the fight. The numbers just keep on going up.

Comment

Working...
      X