No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. Hopes Canelo Can Win, But Has Doubts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. Hopes Canelo Can Win, But Has Doubts

Mexican legend Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. is predicting a very tough night for WBC/WBA 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-0-1, 30KOs), when he takes on Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The fight is taking place at a catch-weight of 152-pounds. Chavez feels Canelo does not have the experience, at only 23-years-old, to defeat the 36-year-old pound-for-pound veteran.

[Click Here To Read More]

If Alvarez was to follow JCC's advice and attack from the get-go,he's gonna be too buggered by the end of the fourth round to do anything except survive
    being KO'd.He needs to pressure Mayweather and force him to fight instead of boxing/pot shotting.If he can't it's going to be a long night for Saul.

Comment

Originally posted by Cracaphat View Post
      If Alvarez was to follow JCC's advice and attack from the get-go,he's gonna be too buggered by the end of the fourth round to do anything except survive
      being KO'd.He needs to pressure Mayweather and force him to fight instead of boxing/pot shotting.If he can't it's going to be a long night for Saul.
      I think Chavez is right however, imo an early KO is Canelo's only chance to win before Floyd gets settled into his rhythm.

The deck is stacked against Alvarez, he's drained to 152 and his style meshes very poorly with Mayweather's.

Comment

Too bad it's not a prime Chavez that Floyd is fighting tomorrow night.

Comment

You only have a few chances to hit Floyd, Shane Mosely managed it, but didn't finish it, Canelo has a chance

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            You only have a few chances to hit Floyd, Shane Mosely managed it, but didn't finish it, Canelo has a chance
            As did Cotto. Canelo does have a chance...but he drained himself taking the chance.

Comment

Canelo's not stupid enough to try to outmuscle or outwork Mayweather. I don't know why so many people still think that that's the key to beating him just because Castillo did it well in their first fight against an injured Floyd.

De La Hoya won 16 rounds out of the collective 36 judged rounds against Mayweather boxing intelligently. I imagine Canelo is going to try to do the same but with more efficiency down the stretch. That is the intelligent thing for Alvarez to do in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                Too bad it's not a prime Chavez that Floyd is fighting tomorrow night.
                A prime Chavez would give Mayweather hell and possibly beat him at 135 or 140lbs. Chavez was never a natural 147

Comment

I agree with Sr. I don't feel Canelo is going to assert himself nearly enough to give himself a chance of winning. He's made references to this being a "chess match" and crap like that. BIG mistake thinking that way. Floyd knows Canelo isn't capable of consistently pressing him. Thus tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jago1986 View Post
                    A prime Chavez would give Mayweather hell and possibly beat him at 135 or 140lbs. Chavez was never a natural 147
                    Obviously I wasn't talking about 147lbs, but I agree that Chavez would give Floyd hell even at Floyd's best weightclass (135).

Comment

Working...
                    X