No announcement yet.

infighting tips please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• infighting tips please

Any body have any tips, tricks, basics about fighting close up? I'm a tall guy, and my trainer obviously tells me to tie up an opponent or push him away when he's close up, but I want to be a good fighter in this range too.

Anything, no matter how basic, would be appreciated. How to stand, etc. I also understand that the mechanics of each punch will change.

One moe thing,I've seen Joe Louis beat the **** out of someone with a very very short right hand. Is that genetics, or does he have a technique to it?

one trick is to step to his right and hold his right arm with your right. Then work his body with your left. He won't be able to hit u back.

Comment

also when you throw a punch make the other arm block any vital points

Comment

uppercuts ..especially since your the taller guy..short rights will just get you into bigger combos..but can get you in more trouble..it is extremely harder for you to fight a shorter guy inside..just uppercut him then hold him if you want..im a short guy..i fought a tall guy and he almost rocked me with an uppercut everytime i was inside i couldn't get away from it cuz i have to get that close

Comment

thanks guys please keep them coming!

Comment

Doesn't that mean the guys just going to hit you with his left as well

Comment

Originally posted by chubb5000
              Doesn't that mean the guys just going to hit you with his left as well
              Yeah, so it's probably not a smart thing to do against a strong left-handed guy, I'd assume.

Comment

mate, watch Tommy Hearns videos, u will pick up some tips of him. Also, go to olympic website, look for "felix savon" and watch footage of him, hes a tall heavyweight 6'6. He tries to avoid in fighting, hes a brilliant technician, always jabbing and on his toes. when u do get in close let that uppercut go. when a shorter guy explodes with his short roundhouse punches in close, even take a step back onto ya backfoot, then launch in with a straight right hand, which will stun them.

Comment

another good tall infighter diego corrales

Comment

Originally posted by meeny
                    just uppercut him then hold him if you want..
                    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...ruiz

Comment

Working...
                    X