Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG Was Black American Boxer....... Would He Be More Popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some might wish that GGG to fight the likes of Cornelius Bundrage, Austin Trout, Ishe Smith, Peter Quillin, Chris Eubank and hopefully Jermain Taylor for the remaining of his career and have the reputation to be called the dark destroyer before he retired.... but idk

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Yup. But Imagine GGG with Bob and TR behind him from the beginning?
      He wouldn't have spent 5 years in Felix Sturm's shadow, that's for sure.

I wonder if he would have signed with Haymon, and how that would have gone?

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
        Why you ppl are acting like he is a white person, the word 'white' doesn't refer to the skin colour, it refers to the people derived from the Scandinavian or Germanic races.
        Golovkin is a Turcic person from the Turcic race, he is a Kazakh.
        GGG's dad was Russian. Are Russians not white?

White means whatever you want it to mean, except black, of course. Lol.

I'm not Scandinavian or Germanic, I'm English, of Irish/Scotish descent, with one Ukranian great, great grandad who came to the UK because he was living in Germany when WW2 started and he wanted to get away from the Nazis. I'm still white doe, or so I'm told.
        Last edited by kafkod; 02-15-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Some of the guys who hate him now, would love him. Some of the guys who love him now, would hate him.

Others wouldn't be that arsed either way.

Skin colour is a major deal for some posters on here, and not important at all to other posters.
          Last edited by Chrismart; 02-16-2017, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
            Why you ppl are acting like he is a white person, the word 'white' doesn't refer to the skin colour, it refers to the people derived from the Scandinavian or Germanic races.
            Golovkin is a Turcic person from the Turcic race, he is a Kazakh.
            Golovkin has no Kazakh heritage, although he was born there.

His father was Russian and his mother Korean.

Comment

Some of the guys who hate him now, would love him. Some of the guys who love him now, would hate him.

Others wouldn't be that arsed wither way.

Skin colour is a major deal for some posters on here, and not important at all to other posters.
              Good post, a fighter's race/ethnicity doesn't matter to me. I tend to like fighters based on their styles and my ability (delusion) to mimic them.

A better question is how much more popular would GGG be in the US if he had more command of the English language....

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                GGG's dad was Russian. Are Russians not white?

White means whatever you want it to mean, except black, of course. Lol.

I'm not Scandinavian or Germanic, I'm English, of Irish/Scotish descent, with one Ukranian great, great grandad who came to the UK because he was living in Germany when WW2 started and he wanted to get away from the Nazis. I'm still white doe, or so I'm told.
                Yeah you're still white, just white with a cool story.

Comment

i don't know about popular but he would definitely have more opportunities than now. he would have probably landed the canelo fight by now if he was american.

Comment

If ggg was black and American he'd be doing 1m+ ppv buys everytime out.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Makes too much sense. Red k sent.
                      Hilarious!

Comment

Working...
                      X