Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Ward Uses Too Many Illegal Tactics To Be Pound For Pound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    I've been saying this forever, Ward is overrated and overhyped as a great boxer. He's not. There is a couple of boxers out there that are better than him. Even old ass Pacquiao is a better boxer. Not saying he's not good, he's elite no doubt but not what people make him out to be. This jab followed by a clinch routine isn't anything special.

Wards ringIQ/jab/timing are off the planet.....

MUCH better than Pacquiao's

Pac looked lost at times against Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Wards ringIQ/jab/timing are off the planet.....

MUCH better than Pacquiao's

Pac looked lost at times against Marquez
      Lmao!!!! No they're not. If that was the case he wouldn't rely on holding after a jab too much.

Marquez is even a better boxer than Ward. Pac may of looked lost at times but also at times he was kicking Marquez's ass pretty good.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Pac has fought much better boxers overall and it's not even close compared to Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        Lmao!!!! No they're not. If that was the case he wouldn't rely on holding after a jab too much.

Marquez is even a better boxer than Ward. Pac may of looked lost at times but also at times he was kicking Marquez's ass pretty good.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Pac has fought much better boxers overall and it's not even close compared to Ward.

Marquez is a better boxer than Pacquiao, thats for sure.

and a past-prime Morales gave Pac a boxing lesson as well

Marquez is a master-boxer, like Ward..... but he is also a great combination puncher and one of the best counter-punchers you will ever see.

Ward has outstanding ringIQ and probably the most well-educated jab in the business..... his control of distance and timing is superb, he basically beat Kovalev with his left hand.

the guy hasn't lost a fight since he was a kid

actually Pac really surprised me against Mayweather, I thought he fought well..... I expected him to be outclassed and that wasn't the case..... but, he was handled.....

..... handled by a guy with the same masterful control of distance and timing as Ward, and probably the only guy with a better jab than Ward

Comment

Ward is hardly a better boxer than Marquez with his one hand. He'd be made to eat sht vs a guy like Pacquiao.

Comment

Froch is clearly still salty but in this case I would have to agree with his points. It's hard to call Ward #1 after getting such a controversial win against Kovalev. Neither really deserved to be called #1 after that performance

Comment

Froch has been talking non-stop crap about Ward and Golovkin. He clearly lost to Ward and declined to fight Golovkin at 168. Either step out of retirement to fight one of them or shut up already....

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Froch has been talking non-stop crap about Ward and Golovkin. He clearly lost to Ward and declined to fight Golovkin at 168. Either step out of retirement to fight one of them or shut up already....
                Yeah im inclined to agree with this.

He also talked crap about Degale too, even when deciding not to fight him.

Mad respect to Froch and the career he had, but if you arent willing to fight someone, whatever the reason, then dont talk ****e about them

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  Ward is hardly a better boxer than Marquez with his one hand. He'd be made to eat sht vs a guy like Pacquiao.

pac could never hang with elite boxers

Morales/Marquez/Mayweather..... we all saw what happened

if Ward was naturally 147, he would beat Pac the same way Mayweather did.....

the normal Pac, I mean....

not sure about the old 1200+ punch version

Comment

Working...
                  X