Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wing Chun the best techniques to learn when it comes to street fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    Find some Russian, a Jew, or military guy, that teaches close quarters combat. That's all you'll need in a street fight. I find everything else is bull**** in an actual fight.
    What's a jew gonna teach in a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
      Israeli special forces and Mossad are some of the best trained soldiers in the world. Their tactics are sought after by other militaries and cartels. I'd take a Jew teaching me anything about combat over almost anybody else in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
        Firstly, doing any form of exercise is great.

Secondly, doing Wing Chun over nothing is also great if you get into a fight.

Thirdly, it's a good idea to learn as many forms as you can. Having multiple skills will always be better than just one.

Fourthly, Wing Chun is quite good but remember that you should not compared and say this can beat that etc... at the end of the day it's the person. Some people can train for 10 years and be worse than someone who trains 2 years. Do what your gut feels and go for it 100%. If you regret it, at least you listened to yourself and not someone else.
        Good post. In The end it all boils down to the individual. Don't know why people perpetuate this idea that kung fu is all Flash and no substance. True kung fu stresses Simplicity over complexity. If you see differently you were looking at staight up wushu and/or about to have your money stole by a "Mcdojo".

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
          https://youtu.be/hp9-jKO_K98

Thinking about taking some classes and learning it this summer. Looks fun and effective. Looks like it's more street orientated which is what I want to learn. Is there something more effective than this? What do you think about his methods?
          H
          E
          L
          L

NO.

LOL at wing chun.

People actually believe that???

You are better off taking up boxing or brazillian ju jitsu.

The wing chun that is going around these days is not the pure wing chun. There are no real wing chun practitioners today. very rare to find a true master. Ip Man didnt bother teaching the purest form of wing chun because he said it himself, his students werent really gonna use it to fight anyone.

Most people who do wing chun today have never fought anybody in their life. its just for show. graycie brothers proved that. widely popular video in youtube showing one of the graycie brothers humiliating a couple of wing chun/kung fu "masters."

Boxing and BJJ are more useful in a natural street fighting situation. It simulates the most common form of fighting ie with your fists and usually some time on the ground.

Wing Chun the true old school original form yes, very deadly,some aspects of it can even be adapted to boxing but not the modern form. Its very hard to implement moves due to its many intricate moves and technique but its very hard to ingrain in your muscle memory. With boxing its basic, simple, and can be easily learned and ingrained muscle memory wise.

Wing Chun, Bagua... moves are too intricate to be easily ingrained in your muscle memory compared to boxing or even the more complicated BJJ.

I mean, how many fights in your life have you seen somebody pull off some bad ass kung fu wing chun move?

Comment

this has been proven to be the most lethal

Comment

Anything will help you get better if it is practical in that you don't have to overly think about what you are going to do or require that a certain scenario occurs in order to perform a certain "move."

The average person is not a good fighter for the most part. There is however people out there that are just naturally born fighters that have not had any formal training what so ever who will beat the **** out of virtually anyone. People who have been fighting since they were in Elementary with the instincts of a schooled fighter. I've known only three people in my life (one of them being already in there 50's and out of their prime) who are like this which is how I know that there are more out there although rare. They have a natural balance, coordination, speed, strength, reflexes, and the ability to improvise on the fly that it looks something out of a video game.

And I know that they are something special because they are truly "battle tested". People who are trained think the stories aren't true about them and that they haven't fought against anyone that is as skilled as they are which is why people have that respect for them. They find out quickly in that first 30 seconds when they step to them that they are not near quick enough to get close to them and if they do lock up that they are easily overpowered and just held there like a grown man pinning a child down just on strength alone.
              Last edited by Tails; 06-01-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post

Comment

Working...
                X