Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a rehydration clause for the PBF/Canelo fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a rehydration clause for the PBF/Canelo fight?

Is there and if so, links?

I doubt it, but who knows.

Comment

there's no rehydration clause, thankfully.

it was quoted by schaefer in one of the threads

Comment

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 1h

GBP's Richard Schaefer confirms that #MayweatherCanelo will be at 152-pound catchweight. No limit to how heavy Canelo can get post weigh-in

Comment

Can anyone post a link, if true?? I'm already displeased about the catchweight...

Comment

So I guess Floyd doesn't feel fight night weight is as important as all his fans did.

Comment

Should have been at 154 but with a rehydration clause. The big ginger sloth will eat Floyd's shots like candy when he outweighs him by 20 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                Should have been at 154 but with a rehydration clause. The big ginger sloth will eat Floyd's shots like candy when he outweighs him by 20 pounds.
                Still has to land some of his own.

In theory, Canelo's "stand and wait for your opponent to attack" style is tailor-made for Mayweather.

Canelo has to show something new like he did against Trout, he has to attack early.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Still has to land some of his own.

In theory, Canelo's "stand and wait for your opponent to attack" style is tailor-made for Mayweather.

Canelo has to show something new like he did against Trout, he has to attack early.
                  New? he reverted back to counter punching in that fight.

Comment

I would guess that Floyd told Team Canelo they have to choose between a 152 CW and a rehydration clause. That's probably all that went down. From Mayweather's perspective it makes total sense, and is probably less debilitating than a weight restriction on the day of the fight IMO.

That being said, I don't like Catchweights at all, and hope Canelo just comes in at 154. It gives people an excuse when Canelo is sucking wind at the end of the fight, and people will attribute his lack of stamina to the CW instead of the fact that Alvarez has shown TERRIBLE stamina in all of his fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X