No announcement yet.

Uk is the size of Oregon. Over ten times as many people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    Yeah, but he was living in 'Murrica when he actually invented the sport, so it actually was invented in the USA, but by a Canadian.
    The place does not determine what country invented it, because in terms of inventions, it goes to the nationality of the person, the inventor.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
      Sounds like you've never been to Cali. Most of the state is completely desolate. Same with Japan, most of the actual land is rural and barely inhabited. It's called heavily populated urban areas.
      Been there many times. All those people get out to those desolate places. Hell I see Cali plates all over here in southern Oregon.

If I can't find a place to be alone in the wild without someone else coming by, i don't want to live there.

Comment

Canada was part of the British Empire also, so technically, Britain invented all popular American sports from Basketball, American Football and Baseball.

Rule Britania.

Comment

Originally posted by BooHoo View Post
          The place does not determine what country invented it, because in terms of inventions, it goes to the nationality of the person, the inventor.
          If I say Basketball was invented in Canada that would be false. It was invented in Springfield Mass. I give credit to Canada for the invention I guess, but it was invented on US soil.

Comment

haha i love nationalism when it comes to sports but when people say we invented this we did this it makes me laugh you did nothing just happened to be born in the same land mass.

Comment

god bless 'murrica.

Comment

And from what I understand most people credit it to Naismith himself with disregard to where he was or where he was born.

Comment

It was invented in new ENGLAND with a Soccer ball too. In the Canada, part of the British Empire. His parents were Scottish immigrants.

Murrican sport = More British than you think

Comment

Originally posted by BooHoo View Post
                    It was invented in new ENGLAND with a Soccer ball too. In the Canada, part of the British Empire. His parents were Scottish immigrants.

Murrican sport = More British than you think
                    Does it matter?

Comment

If I say Basketball was invented in Canada that would be false. It was invented in Springfield Mass. I give credit to Canada for the invention I guess, but it was invented on US soil.
                      I was correcting a poster who said Basketball was Murrican. If any credit goes to a Nation, it is Britain > Canada > Murrica.

And from what I understand most people credit it to Naismith himself with disregard to where he was or where he was born.
                      That could be true. However the poster did not, he credited it to Murrica.

Soccer > Rugby > American Football.

Soccer partially > Basketball.

Soccer > All of Europes Middle weights to LHW boxers are in here. Brazilian MMA fighters too.

Comment

Working...
                      X