Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua vs. Ruiz 2 in Saudi Arabia December 7th What???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua vs. Ruiz 2 in Saudi Arabia December 7th What???

Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz Jr rematch date and venue 'confirmed' - Mirror Online
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/anthony-joshua-vs-andy-ruiz-17264419

Not sure if Boxingscene is blocking the link to these articles, I tried to post one from the Independent and this one from the Mirror. The articles were saying that supposedly Saudi Arabia is confirmed? I hope not, I hope It's smoke and mirrors. Google Ruiz vs. Joshua 2 and you'll see these articles pop up about Saudi Arabia.
    Last edited by True That; 08-09-2019, 07:14 AM.

Bullshyt. The Saudis always pretend they're going to host EVERY big event and they never come though.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Bullshyt. The Saudis always pretend they're going to host EVERY big event and they never come though.

they have no shame. i also think they're clueless in some ways, and really think they can get these fights and have deals in place, etc. they live in their own world and they are literally royalty, it's a backward ass place.

Comment

If this were true boxing scene top headlines would cover it. It would be huge boxing news. There is nothing on there about this so it's BS.

Comment

Ill believe it when I see them in the ring in Saudi. History of these "offers" falling through. Again DAZN must be furious about the timeslot this would be on in the US

Comment

War Ruiz! I've already booked my flight and rented my camel.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
              The ones with two humps come with free WiFi and satellite radio.

Worth the upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  They've been showing some seriousness as of late doe. The WBSS 168lb final was there. That weird ass Amir Khan fight was just there.

Idk how legit this news is, but SA been slightly less sketchy than in the past lately so I'm taking this news slightly more seriously for that reason.

I still think the best place for the fight to be is Las Vegas. Fight should do a good gate. Ruiz gets his home fight. Joshua gets to run it back where he lost it. Eddie gets another US promotional W on the board. And DAZN gets a US friendly time zone fight to get max US viewers tuning in.

Comment

I half way believe it because Eddie is desperate to get those belts back and he knows the cost of a very long, costly and lengthy court battle. There would be no winners in that battle but two losers.

Ruiz could end up being either stripped or defeated by Deontay Wilder in an undisputed World Heavyweight championship bout. Already Bob Arum is petitioning the IBF to call in its mandatory and is even threatening legal action in order to do so.

So the only way to offset that is by Ruiz having an undisputed world Heavyweight championship bout with the "Bronze Bomber" since unifications and undisputeds overtakes mandatories.

Comment

Working...
                    X