Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have problem with the WBA changing the split...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have problem with the WBA changing the split...

You should also have a problem with the WBC allowing GGG to fight Rubio for the WBC eliminator although he was already a champion with another organization. And you should also have a problem with the WBC making Pascal-Kovalev a WBC eliminator even though Kovalev was already a champion with another organization. Those were blatant rule violations from the WBC handbook. What Jacobs is doing by asking for the split is within the WBA rules. He's petitioning them and they can either accept or reject.

The WBC did it under their special exemption rule. They did it to make the fight happen. The WBA changing the purse split will make the fight more likely to happen.

And no. I didn't have a problem with the WBC doing what it did to get the fights made.
    Yes. The WBC was wrong
    50.00%
    No, GGG is a special snowflake. Rules should be changed for him
    50.00%
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 10-07-2016, 04:05 PM.

other TOP MWs have gotten around 40% of the total purse fighting GGG, so getting 40% of Jacobs is just fair and realistic as what Geale, Lemieux, Macklin and Murray got.

Comment

not to mention gym had no issues making a 50-50 purse bid split if kov stevenson went thru, the wbc made that switch even though the gym knows a purse bid split would have favored stevenson 55-45 or 70-30 depending on the wbc ruling.

Comment

Originally posted by youbeight View Post
        not to mention gym had no issues making a 50-50 purse bid split if kov stevenson went thru, the wbc made that switch even though the gym knows a purse bid split would have favored stevenson 55-45 or 70-30 depending on the wbc ruling.
        Yep. I forgot all about that.

Comment

All the sanctioning bodies, including the WBA, are garbage. There is a reason that nothing is ever technically against their rules, as they have exceptions to everything. One can just petition, and is often granted, exemption from ANY of the sanctioning bodies rules.

Whatever it takes to make the fight happen, I'm good with. Just. Make. It. Happen.

For the record I would not be OK with GGG walking away from the fight if the WBA grants Jacob's request. Just as I would not be OK with Jacob's walking away should the WBA reject his request.

Comment

no problem with changing it to 100-0 in jacobs favor. you gonna fault him for trying to get the best deal? well that is the best deal

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              no problem with changing it to 100-0 in jacobs favor. you gonna fault him for trying to get the best deal? well that is the best deal
              jacobs asking for a change in purse split is very interesting but its been done before by other sanctioning bodies, and hes not being unrealistic in what hes asking for. 40% is borderline what other top MWs have gotten vs GGG. obviously in this position K2 wants the lion share, Jacobs just wants what other MWs are getting percentage wise. cant fault him but i will blame whoever walks away from this fight.

Comment

wasn't rubio the interim champion and he was unifying with GGG that night?

and kovalev-pascal was for that diamond belt not an eliminator.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  wasn't rubio the interim champion and he was unifying with GGG that night?

and kovalev-pascal was for that diamond belt not an eliminator.
                  http://wbcboxing.com/wbceng/news/432...nation-process

it was an eliminator for the mandatory fight, the diamond belt just gives you status since you can only have the diamond belt if you are a champ from another sanction body, otherwise the silver title would have been on the line.

Comment

The deal hasn't been reached because Danny Boy is trying to price himself out. Just another case of a scared dude trying to make it look like he tried to make it happen while not really trying to make it happen

Comment

Working...
                    X