Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the old heavyweights are glad they aren't fighting today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think the old heavyweights are glad they aren't fighting today?

When they see these beasts like deontay and jarell millar?

I mean deontay, 6'7" with 6% body fat punches like Foreman and moves like ali.

Then you got a guy like jarell miller 6'4" and 300lbs built like a fridge.

These are some bad men

Nah, they'd have too much fun picking on bums like Charles Martin and Dominic Breazeale.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      Nah, they'd have too much fun picking on bums like Charles Martin and Dominic Breazeale.
      How do you think Tyson, Wilder & AJ would have faired in the previous era?.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
        How do you think Tyson, Wilder & AJ would have faired in the previous era?.
        I struggle to compare eras, it's something I really battle with. The game is so different to what it was - bodies are far more developed and the power these guys can generate is just phenomenal.

I can comfortably compare fighters in terms of how they were relative to their competition at the time, but generational differences? Hard work.

In a mano y mano situation, I genuinely feel like Tyson could have killed someone in the larger era prior to his. Could be homerism, but pre-fkd up Tyson was absolutely incredible. Ruthless, a genuine killer instinct, fast with explosive power, and a steel-like defensive technique.

I feel Wilder and AJ would be far less dominant despite their obvious size advantages, simply because they aren't as technically developed. They could bully boxers, but that's about it.

Wait, that applies to AJ. Wilder is just a free-wheeling scrub who provides nothing to the HW division besides a topic to discuss. King of Birmingham, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
          When they see these beasts like deontay and jarell millar?

I mean deontay, 6'7" with 6% body fat punches like Foreman and moves like ali.

Then you got a guy like jarell miller 6'4" and 300lbs built like a fridge.

These are some bad men
          You seem to have a problem deciding what percentage of fat Deontay carries. Last time it was 8% and now you have him at 6%. Miller is build like a guy who can't stay out of the fridge. His body fat must be at least 35%. Holyfield, Bowe, Holmes, Foreman, Tyson and Lewis all wish they were 29 years old again so they could feast on guys like Deontay and Miller.

Comment

Working...
          X