No announcement yet.

Sprinting and roadwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprinting and roadwork

I was just curious as to what everyone else does for their roadwork and sprinting. I usually run about a mile to warm up and then I do my sprints which is sprinting from one end of a soccer field to the other and then jogging back. Depending on how I feel I would do about 10 sprinting laps and then a 1 mile jog back home. I dont do this everyday I only run when I have a fight coming up. I was just curious to see everyone else's routine.

get up at 5 and run 3 miles around a track

Comment

You can "stair step" the sprints, e.g. 100 X 2, 200 X 2, 400 X 2, 200 X 2, 100 X 2 or you can run sprints on a slight elevation and jog back. There are lots of variations....

Comment

sprinting is good because it builds endurance...im trying to build up on it but i always get too tired...my coach tells me to jog and sprint instead of doing one then the other..sprint 100 yards and jog back sprint jog sprint jog..for a couple laps

Comment

Sprints are good, but you need to be in shape first. If you are out of shape, sprints will be too much. Mix it up with some distance running and sprints if you are ready. Hills are great.

Comment

I have 237 stairs up the hill by my condo. Every morning at 5 for an hour. Started off just walking them, now running them 4 times and walking them for the rest of the hour. Hope to get up to running them for the full hour. . . in a year or so. . . Do some pushups or jumprope at the bottom between runs / walks up the stairs.

Comment

Working...
            X