No announcement yet.

James Degale: "George Groves Turned Down £2 Mill ($3.1 Mil) And Ducked Me!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    It tells me that the jury is still out. He may or may nor have improved. Beating up clubfighters in impressive fashion only tells you so much.
    Beating up clubfighters? Ok that's just painfully ironic considering some of the fighters you laud

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
    Domestic "silver" champions in both countries are lame.

This fight would be far more interesting if both fighters beat some top US names first and actually created some purpose for a rematch.

Right now the narrative is basically: Groves needs a UK-based opponent, and we found this guy.
    Once again showing you don't have a clue.

Groves and DeGale have been rivals since the amateur days. It's actually much deeper rivalry than Froch/Groves or Brook/Khan. They fought once in an extremely controversial decision.

But yeah....there's no purpose for a rematch

Comment

Groves-Degale is one of the best rivalries in boxing. Both grew up and trained together in the same gym. Real dislike/hatred there.

Comment

Somebody's been gassing ugly boys head.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Beating up clubfighters? Ok that's just painfully ironic considering some of the fighters you laud

Once again showing you don't have a clue.

Groves and DeGale have been rivals since the amateur days. It's actually much deeper rivalry than Froch/Groves or Brook/Khan. They fought once in an extremely controversial decision.

But yeah....there's no purpose for a rematch
          I meant rivalry anyone actually cares about though

No doubt they dislike each other but that alone doesn't warrant a pointless rematch when they could test themselves internationally in less boring fights
          Last edited by ////; 03-04-2015, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
            I meant rivalry anyone actually cares about though

No doubt they dislike each other but that alone doesn't warrant a pointless rematch when they could test themselves internationally in less boring fights
            But people do care and it generates more money and interest than them fighting the Dirrel brothers combined.

Just because YOU may not care doesn't mean others don't. I don't particularly care about a fat plodding bum like Povetkin but I realise there's plenty of money behind him in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
              When Brook beat Robbles or Saldivia, in the post presser Hearn was offering Khan 2 million to fight Brook and was saying its the highest he'd ever make. Look at the situation now, Khan can make up to 9m fighting Brook now in Wembley. Secondly, Groves hates Hearn and doesn't want him to get his way, so he's basically trying to make his job difficult because Hearn has promised SKY big ppv fights and he has none so far for the summer.
              Diff is that Khan is probably the most famous active boxer in the UK, or at least he's level with Haye and Froch. But Groves is seriously small fry in comparison, I think he's seriously overestimating his value to turn down such a large offer, even Mayweather and Pacquiao opponents don't make half that much money in some cases!

Comment

Working...
              X