Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Andre Ward Make Something of his Career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know his goals are eventually to move up to heavy weight. Thoughts of Ward at HW?

Comment

Originally posted by rws25 View Post
      I know his goals are eventually to move up to heavy weight. Thoughts of Ward at HW?
      Ward at HW would be simlar to Jones Jr at HW. But Ward would take on a bigger challenge than fighting a John Ruiz. If he can beat a legit heavyweight champion and retire undefeated that would put an icing on the cake for his career.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepVoice View Post
        Ward at HW would be simlar to Jones Jr at HW. But Ward would take on a bigger challenge than fighting a John Ruiz. If he can beat a legit heavyweight champion and retire undefeated that would put an icing on the cake for his career.
        Hopkins-Ward is a fight I'd love to see... Too bad it wont happen though because both agreed they don't want to fight each other.

Comment

Ward is wasting his prime. It's a shame such a talented boxer is depriving the fans of his talent.

He needs to study malinaggi's tape and learn how to commentate.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
            Ward is wasting his prime. It's a shame such a talented boxer is depriving the fans of his talent.

Ward needs some new promotion. And a new "advisor" AKA The Haymonator

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
              Why not study tape of Max Kellerman?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Why not study tape of Max Kellerman?
                because he can never replicate the provocativeness or insight of max k. That role belongs to max, and max alone. He needs to study the successful methods of boxer-commentators (like Paulie) and try to replicate that.

Comment

Ward needs some new promotion. And a new "advisor" AKA The Haymonator
                  Why didn't he sign with haymon before re-upping with his current promoter? I figured he was pretty happy w/ the super 6 and all, but seems like he chose the wrong horse in the race.

Comment

Ward has already stated he plans to retire in a few years. I remember him clearly stating that he won't be 35 and still fighting.

Comment

Andre Ward is a great fighter, but his low activity level in the sport and his weak fan base, are hurting his chances of really making an impact. A loss, A knock out or even knock down would be terrible for the guy.Does he really deserve #2 P4P with his activity? Will Andre Ward become a star? Thoughts...
                      HELL NO! Ward DOES NOT deserve that #2 P4P.

Comment

Working...
                      X